Does anybody have a xstar dp2710

tihor29

How good is the xstar dp2710 could you please share your experiences with it I am thinking of picking it up to replace my primary super ghosting viewsonic from 2008

How good is the xstar dp2710 could you please share your experiences with it I am thinking of picking it up to replace my primary super ghosting viewsonic from 2008

I have never heard of that brand, and probably wouldn't trust it.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

tek syndicate loves them, they are korean monitors i dont use them but am thinking of picking one up

They're korean just like Qnix, the community seems to like them a lot as a more economic alternative. Not just this community, but in a few more forums as well.  :)

I do understand your feeling though lol

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

They're korean just like Qnix, the community seems to like them a lot as a more economic alternative. Not just this community, but in a few more forums as well.  :)

I do understand your feeling though lol

Oh, thanks for that!

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I have one, and is it is a great deal. Image quality is amazing and 1440p running at 96Hz is very nice. No dead pixels and moderate backlight bleed. Frame and stand are not up to par but that's part of the whole deal why it is so cheap. I am considering selling it to my brother and picking up a crossover 290m instead, you should check those out as well.

I have two of the PLS ones, there are also AH-VA ones but I hear they aren't as good quality wise and definitely don't overclock as well. The ones I have are really nice no complaints at all, I mean they could have a fancier stand, OSD, etc. but the panels themselves are great and the build quality is satisfactory, no dead pixels and no backlight bleed (but that wont be guarantied for all). I will likely be buying a third in the not too distant future that's how happy I am with them.

If you buy from eBay I can recommend dream-seller and make sure you get the X-Star DP2710LED PLS not the X-Star DP2710LED MULTI AH-VA, if you plan on overclocking get the ones with only a dual-link DVI input too, the multi input ones aren't supposed to overclock very well.

i am thinking of picking one up too but since im getting a reference GTX 980 will it work if i use an adapter given the ports on the card cos i heard u need dual link dvi and i dont want to pick up the AH-VA one