EVGA GTX 970 Reference Petition!

NVIDIAFANBOYEXTREME

Link says Titan, Thread says GTX 970 

So what do you want?

I'm dumb, didn't read it carefully 

Uhhhh why?

Because 'Y' is a crooked letter and you ought to know better. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

EVGA would ignore that.

Because it's called the magnesium cooler.

They got enough support for a GTX 770 reference and they did it so if they get the backing for it they most lickley will.

Your name is NVIDIAFANBOYEXTREME but you don't even know the proper name of the "Titan" cooler.

My brother dared me to name my account that and i have never heard magnesium cooler before so i learned something

The 970s already DO come with reference coolers. They're just plastic and not the Titan cooler.

My brother dared me to name my account that and i have never heard magnesium cooler before so i learned something

Congrats you know the right term. :)

The 970s already DO come with reference coolers. They're just plastic and not the Titan cooler.

Thats the main reason i wanted to start this the blower coolers they sell are from the GTX 670 and do not do a good job they are loud and hot.

Does the 970 have the dimension as the 780 or 770? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

By technical definition there is no "reference" cooler or card. Nvidia never released a reference card for the 970 series. The card you are thinking of is in fact a "non-reference" card and cooler. Yes it may look like a "reference" cooler but it is a custom cooler designed by EVGA, not Nvidia

AMD diehard & Nvidia Enthusiest

If you go on the EVGA forums someone has contacted a Nvidia rep and they said company's have the reference Nvidia Card (Titan cooler)  available to them.

i would just get on from asus, refrence coolers are the same and warranty isnt that much worse from the others

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Does anyone have a picture of the evga blower style 970? I'm curious what it looks like. I just assumed it looked like the 980 and the only pictures I can find are of the fan style coolers like the ACX.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Does anyone have a picture of the evga blower style 970? I'm curious what it looks like. I just assumed it looked like the 980 and the only pictures I can find are of the fan style coolers like the ACX.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx970-reference-4gb-dc-101999.htm

Close as you'll get to a reference cooler, however I'm very sad that they didn't go with the triple DP + HDMI + DVI output.. Seems like all the manufacturers are just going with their old outputs. 

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

you are asking for a lower performing card

are you literally retarded?

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

you are asking for a lower performing card

are you literally retarded?

He is asking for it, as are quite a number of people, because they would rather have a PC that looks great and has maybe 5fps less than the alternative of a non reference cooler. It's not retarded, just personal choice.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Worse thermals and performance with a card that looks worse and is considerably louder than. Dual fan solution.

K den.

Worse thermals and performance with a card that looks worse and is considerably louder than. Dual fan solution.

K den.

I absolutely love the reference design.  Louder?  Sure, the card itself is louder, but to cool open air coolers you need case fans to circulate the air, which adds noise as well.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

You've never heard 800 rpm fans then. Ah wait. you can bearly hear them. The clock speed of a twin or more fan design make a non reference car the new standard along with the quietness and power efficiency. Catch up.

I rarely ever see a true enthusiest build using a dual fan soulution over a blower style. All of the heat building up inside a case is not worth the extra 5fps that a dual fan solution offers. Not to mention if you look at the amount of air a 800 rpm fan moves as compared to a 1200 rpm fan its not comparable. Also when you go with a dual or triple fan card that means that there are more moving parts which means that there is more that can and will go wrong with time. The heat added to a case by using a dual or triple fan card will cause everything else to raise in temp. Including chipsets, cpu, hard drive, and anything else that is sensitive to heat. If you have the air flow then go for it. There are plenty of great cards out there including dual fan, triple fan, blower and even a passive cooler or two. But calling someone retarted over there personal choice is an insult to the basic function of this forum.

AMD diehard & Nvidia Enthusiest