Advice for water cooling

I'm interested in water cooling my pc once I get enough money to buy the parts, but I am nervous as the task seems difficult.

Would anyone have recommendations on what I can research up for now while I wait on more income? (Videos, Guides, Items to buy together). 

Custom loop

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

What are you watercooling? The entire system? CPU only or GPU and CPU? 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

What are you watercooling? The entire system? CPU only or GPU and CPU? 

I'm thinking the GPU/CPU only, what else can you watercool beside those?

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

You can water the VRM's on the mainboards, Ram (if your that keen), HDD, North and South bridges on the Main board, think thats about it.

If it is your first, I would suggest a kit with the added block for you gpu. For your GPU (Evga GTX560Ti ?), you'd probably want something like this. Bout all I could find quickly.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

You can water the VRM's on the mainboards, Ram (if your that keen), HDD, North and South bridges on the Main board, think thats about it.

If it is your first, I would suggest a kit with the added block for you gpu. For your GPU (Evga GTX560Ti ?), you'd probably want something like this. Bout all I could find quickly.

I'll be picking up a 970 with a second later down the road, my motherboard has the VRM cooling option (not sure if I should though).

I'll be picking up a 970 with a second later down the road, my motherboard has the VRM cooling option (not sure if I should though).

Personal choice really, if you've got the inbuilt cooler, could use it if your gonna do some crazy oc. Outside of that, there just a gimmick to me.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Personal choice really, if you've got the inbuilt cooler, could use it if your gonna do some crazy oc. Outside of that, there just a gimmick to me.

There's one point to consider before using that: the waterblock on the Maximus VI Formula is made from aluminium, which usually shouldn't be mixed with copper components. That's why I never got the VI, although I liked both its features and its looks quite a lot. Luckily, with the VII, ASUS has changed that block to copper, so for my rig update this time, the Formula (VII) was the thing to get. :)

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

There's one point to consider before using that: the waterblock on the Maximus VI Formula is made from aluminium, which usually shouldn't be mixed with copper components. That's why I never got the VI, although I liked both its features and its looks quite a lot. Luckily, with the VII, ASUS has changed that block to copper, so for my rig update this time, the Formula (VII) was the thing to get. :)

>.> Waiting another year to upgrade from a first gen i5 for the formula VII...