Ram at 98 % load when doing basically nothing..

Dani360c

Sometimes when i have used my PC for a long day, downloading and playing some games or what not, my PC gets really slow and laggy and a quick look at "task manager" i think its called, shows almost 100 % use of ram even with nothing running. picture: sorry its in danish.
post-15981-0-15308300-1411679989.png

Any easy fix for this? i have thought about throwing more ram in it anyway, so would that be a solution? :)
PC specs in signature.

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

There must be an application with a memory leak.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Check to see windows detects all of it. One time I had this issue and one of my ram modules didnt click in all the way.  

I'd imagine something has a memory leak, chrome is awful about this after very prolonged use.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Not trying to be a smart ass but programs like paint and photoshop take up a fair amount of ram. Close it down and see how it does then.

Not trying to be a smart ass but programs like paint and photoshop take up a fair amount of ram. Close it down and see how it does then.

opened paint to save the screenshot after i noticed it ;)

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

There must be an application with a memory leak.

i have a suspicion on with program it might be, can this be fixed somehow?

opened paint to save the screenshot after i noticed it ;)

Look though and see if there are any programs using a large amount of memory, if they are and you don't need it close it down

paint is at 70MB, as you can see in the screenshot, I don't think that's the problem...

Look though and see if there are any programs using a large amount of memory, if they are and you don't need it close it down

the two largest is at 100 mb for chrome and 34 mb for some other application 

Is all of your ram working? Try switching channells

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

restart pc and look again?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Is all of your ram working? Try switching channells

should be working just fine, been running strong for about a year, except for these somewhat rare times this happens

restart pc and look again?

usually fixes it, but i dont want to keep doing that everytime, need a permanent fix :P

Memory leaks are always fixed with a restart.  You could try to find the culprit by using as few softwares as possible and seeing which one causes the RAM usage to jump.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Memory leaks are always fixed with a restart.  You could try to find the culprit by using as few softwares as possible and seeing which one causes the RAM usage to jump.

as i feared :D