[Please Close/Delete Thread] Story already posted

Ethnod

Forced to do some work :/ will finish reading article and add blurb and thoughts in a short while ;)

Source:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29361794

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

This is the third time I've seen this news here...

This is the most comprehensive one:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/221885-very-compromising-bug-found-in-bash-utility/

Also this has already been patched...

Update all the things...

This, will not end well.

I bet NSA's been exploiting this for a while. Granted of course that they knew about it before we did.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I love how all these things have catchy sensationalist names. Heartbleed, Shellshock. The names should be more to the point like TheBiggestBaddestBackdoorYet.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Dammit, I did search.... just not well enough it seems :/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Apple is just so secure! Everyone should rely on apple products to keep their data safe! [/sarcasm]

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W