a £200 console smasher?

1832vin
i told a friend that PC are better than consoles, and that he should switch to consoles, and he said, he prefers console because it's cheaper, so he asked me to build a PC for him tha can play games at medium settings,, at 1080p, 60FPS, and about £200

i thought intel pentium g3258 + r7 270, but it's over the budget, so any suggestions?

Ehhh that's gonna be quite hard... 

A PC is more expensive than a Console but it has better quality and WAAAAAY cheaper games, a gaming PC for 200 pounds is gonna be tough.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

For 200 GBP? I'm afraid that's pushing it too much.

Go second hand.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Pc gaming is cheaper in the long run and not on the outright cost.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

£200? That's vastly cheaper than a console and hardly possible.

Put it up to around 400 and that will smash consoles. The thing is that the only reason why Consoles are cheaper is that they are sold at a loss. They make that back through overpriced games and peripherals and by making people pay for multiplayer. This actually makes console gaming more expensive in the long term. When and if your friend understands this concept, he will understand that this is the only reason why console gaming appears to be cheaper.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

£200? You're asking for too much. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

sorry, i've putted it too harsh, it's something i'd "like" to show my friend, but it could go higher than that, just not over £400

Put it up to around 400 and that will smash consoles. The thing is that the only reason why Consoles are cheaper is that they are sold at a loss. They make that back through overpriced games and peripherals and by making people pay for multiplayer. This actually makes console gaming more expensive in the long term. When and if your friend understands this concept, he will understand that this is the only reason why console gaming appears to be cheaper.

sorry, £200 was a bit of a stretch, thought i could make it, but how about this?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/hDWQwP

would this work? pentium G3258, 750TI? it's £300

sorry, £200 was a bit of a stretch, thought i could make it, but how about this?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/hDWQwP

would this work? pentium G3258, 750TI? it's £300

Beautiful. But no case. The case brings it up to 360 at most though so you win.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

u boasted too much 

but which console costs £200??

no, i was GOING to boast, seems like £300 still does the job!

told him, and he liked it, gonna research a little, and gonna build it 3-4 months later