Deus Ex-3 was in planing stage at Ion Storm before closure

XTankSlayerX

ec2166e944.jpg

Not only was Deus Ex 3 in development at Ion Storm before its closure in 2005, but the studio mocked up six possible narrative arcs for the title. That's according to a presentation delivered by journalist Joe Martin at a recent VideoBrains event. Martin has original design notes for the canned project, as well as short synopses for two of the six optioned storylines.

"The first is about an augmented Black Ops soldier who goes AWOL upon discovering he’s been used for dodgy dealings," Martin wrote on his blog. "His handlers find him and threaten him with either court martial or his wife’s execution if he doesn’t do one final job." According to Martin, this option would have seen missions switch between flashbacks and current day stories.

"The second story begins immediately after the ending for Deus Ex in which you destroy all global communications. In this story you’d investigate the collapse and try to save your sister from a cult which arises in the chaos."

Source:http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/25/deus-ex-3-was-in-planning-stages-at-ion-storm-before-closure/

Never played any of the Deus Ex games (If its anything like the hype around Half Life, it wont have the same amount of reception now as it did 5 years ago.)

None the less its still always sad hearing what something could of been.

Source:

ttp://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/25/deus-ex-3-was-in-planning-stages-at-ion-storm-before-closure/

Would love if someone picked up the rains as it where...fantastic games one of my all time favorites...

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

I didnt like the series but i played it when i was young, maybe i might enjoy more these days.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I blame John Romero for all of this, guy was reckless with that giant logo at the studio and his the then wife etc... Where is he now...

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Honestly, it does not sound that brilliant. Human revolution was really good. Looking so much forward to Deus Ex universe. And Cyberpunk 2077. Get me those games NOOW :D

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I blame John Romero for all of this, guy was reckless with that giant logo at the studio and his the then wife etc... Where is he now...

He is inside the mouth of the end boss of Doom 2.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

He is inside the mouth of the end boss of Doom 2.

Some people told me he is making Daikatana 2 !

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Some people told me he is making Daikatana 2 !

I'm pretty sure if that game were to be made, it would cause the entire gaming industry to collapse in on itself and maybe take earth along with it.

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXzugu39pKM

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.