CS:GO, should I get it at $15?

KomradeKarebear

I tried to search around and see if I could answer this but it has pretty mixed up reviews for the most part. 

I'm itching to play an FPS that has an actually active community. I like Titanfall but it's super dead. Had loads of potential, hasn't done much with it. 

Anyways, so I hadn't though TOO much about getting CS:GO until my buddy told me he plays it every now and again and then a few weekends ago I watched Luke stream it for a bit. 

My main worries are that I hear casual is bullshit and I have to dedicate time periods to competitive (which I don't have a problem doing). But I'm a Resident Assistant at school so occasionally I have to leave my computer quickly so I wouldn't always be playing competitive if I was on duty or something happened and needs my attention. 

I just want to be able to find a decent shooter that I can have a time in. It doesn't seem like there has been a big one that kind of swept everyone up. I wanna be able to play online and potentially convince more friends to readily play with me. (It seems no one has been playing any FPS games at all. 

Anyways, if I could get some constructive thoughts or recs that would be sweet. 

Thanks!

Get it no matter the price, it's worth it.

GET IT!

Because he had a hard drive.

You'll have the best experience buying it at full price. It's a hard FPS to get into with a huge learning curve but when you pass a certain skill threshold it's extremely enjoyable.

get it and get good fast. play 3 weeks on your local server, alone and practice with the guns. know the maps in and out. Then play ranked forever and enjoy. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Actually, I was in your situation. Didn't know get it or not. However one day, my friend won good skin in CS case & he sold it on steam market for 200$ & he bought me CS GO & wished me good luck. So I started playing it. At first, I didn't like it, but as time passed, I started to like that game. Now I play it most of any other game. Competitive matches are very good. Actually I don't play other matches, but if you're new, I strongly advice you to play casual at first. Also, I recommend you to turn off vsync. High fps will help you in game, making your reflex faster. The cases & skins make this game even more attractive. On random matches you can be granted various skins or cases which you can sell it or open with the key which costs 2.55$. You can also buy operation coins which increases chance of winning even more cases & it gives you contract missions, which you complete & it gives you skin on every contract. I earned 12$ by playing CS GO in 1 month. So now, I don't even play other games, very rare.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Actually, I was in your situation. Didn't know get it or not. However one day, my friend won good skin in CS case & he sold it on steam market for 200$ & he bought me CS GO & wished me good luck. So I started playing it. At first, I didn't like it, but as time passed, I started to like that game. Now I play it most of any other game. Competitive matches are very good. Actually I don't play other matches, but if you're new, I strongly advice you to play casual at first. Also, I recommend you to turn off vsync. High fps will help you in game, making your reflex faster. The cases & skins make this game even more attractive. On random matches you can be granted various skins or cases which you can sell it or open with the key which costs 2.55$. You can also buy operation coins which increases chance of winning even more cases & it gives you contract missions, which you complete & it gives you skin on every contract. I earned 12$ by playing CS GO in 1 month. So now, I don't even play other games, very rare.

Right on. See, I'm definitely not new to shooters and I'm familiar with competitive atmosphere so I'm not worried there. Just kept seeing some bad things that made me question getting it or not. Definitely considering it now. 

Right on. See, I'm definitely not new to shooters and I'm familiar with competitive atmosphere so I'm not worried there. Just kept seeing some bad things that made me question getting it or not. Definitely considering it now. 

Of course it has some minuses like any other game. The big minus which I hate in CS - you can't use zoom on guns except sniper rifles. This kinda sucks. I have no idea, why they still didn't change it.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

not at $15 you should not, wait for it to hit 5

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

So my boss logs on to steam and says, "What shooter do you want to play?"

And I was like, "I've been looking into buying CS:GO, I'll probably get it on my next paycheck"

And then like 30 seconds later steam tells me I have a gift and it says "Keep up the hard work!"

So, that was hella cool of him. 

Played my first competitive round and we won. I just need to learn call outs and stuff still. hahaha.

If you get lucky, you actually get more money out of it than what you paid.

So my boss logs on to steam and says, "What shooter do you want to play?"

And I was like, "I've been looking into buying CS:GO, I'll probably get it on my next paycheck"

And then like 30 seconds later steam tells me I have a gift and it says "Keep up the hard work!"

So, that was hella cool of him. 

Played my first competitive round and we won. I just need to learn call outs and stuff still. hahaha.

You should post this on PCMR subreddit.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Get it, i was waiting for it go on sale for a long time it never did... BEST FPS GAME PERIOD! Also you should add me on steam so we can play cs go CyanOG 

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

You should have gotten the Valve Complete pack for $25.

I already had all the other games damn near. 

Get it, i was waiting for it go on sale for a long time it never did... BEST FPS GAME PERIOD! Also you should add me on steam so we can play cs go CyanOG 

I'd be down to play. I really want to get a damn group together to actually do well, instead of getting stuck with assholes who don't talk and don't work together. hahahaha