Choosing a Mini-itx case

g1@2

I have deiced I want to go small for my gaming rig, but I am having a hard time choosing a case. After some research, I have narrowed it down to the sg08, ft03 mini, or node 304. Which do you think I should choose and why?

Also, should I consider a small mATX such as the sg09? It seems liked the only difference between mini-itx and matx is the extra expansion slots. I cannot think of something I would use an extra expansion slot for, I do not need a sound card nor do I think I will cross-fire/sli.

Thanks

get a prodigy.......ahahah jkjk xD

and imo the fto3 mini is the best looking case but it offers  very little for cooling as you can see the build linus did....you will need an h50 or something along those lines but damn that case is epicly sexy....but the brushed aluminium could get stained they said!....

the others just look like shuttles and shuttles are well.....shuttles haha

I liked the SG08 :)

saw more pics of the cases, and yeah, I'd pick the SG08, for its looks, and compatibility.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

I agree that the ft03 mini looks the best.

The only 2 problems with it is the need for one of the all in one water coolers(which is not really a problem) and the need for an SFX psu. The largest one I could find was 450w. That should be enough, right?

The better part about the sg08 and node 304 is the room for a larger gpu as well as a atx psu or the included 600w one.

the SG08 can accommodate a little bigger air fans If you want to, also It comes with an 180mm air penetrator on top, that fan also has a low and high speed selector.

You can't use a closed water cooler by default on this case, but I saw a pic on internet where someone strapped the radiator to the 180mm fan, I did something similar in a coolermaster elite 120 (without removing the hard drive cage like other did)

I would still chose this one (SG08) over the FT03, because the cooling is better on this one, and probably more silent, I mean better temps with fans at lower RPMS.

Edit: found a post by a silverstone representative (http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=317) that said that there is a 120mm fan mount where the 180mm is located, so water cooling is an option :).

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

^ SFX power supply requirement is always a setback, so thanks, but no thanks, Lian-Li  :wacko: 

Otherwise, among your selection, I'd go with the FT03 Mini for the clean, sleek exterior, and the brilliantly planned-out interior  :) Hope that helps!