Whats your PPD?

as of right now im getting 60k. What are you all getting?

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I am pulling now about 140K...Course, I am running a few systems. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Points Per Day - all calculated based on the WU you get, credits, Quick Return Bonus, etc. If using the v7 client, on the bottom, left, it will say, "Total Estimated Points Per Day". It is also a useful measurement in folding of how good, or powerful something is. My GT610 that nets 3.5K PPD isn't to hot, but my GTX 460 that pulls in 20K, thats nice. And so on...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Does installing using the different options affect the score? I've choose to fold with the "SMP only" option because my GPU gets really hot and loud on load.

i get 40k ish in ubuntu on my 2600k at 4.6Ghz/1.3v :)

was making 150k+ when the beta units came out for the 5XX series cards. my 580 was loving it.

Does installing using the different options affect the score? I've choose to fold with the "SMP only" option because my GPU gets really hot and loud on load.
smp=cpu

gpu=gpu ;)

the more pieces of hardware you can fold on the more PPD youll make.

Only 16k on a 3570k + 7850.. the 7850 isnt doing well, only hangs around 3k for an 11292 WU... i need to get around to sorting the drivers out (on 12.10 atm)

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

I am getting 20k PPD on my overclocked i5 3570K 4,4ghz with a 5850 Graphics card, i am also using my Macbook air which costed the same amount and it is barerly getting 4k PPD :)

Exactly. The more the better - but like you say, folding both gets to hot. What CPU and GPU do you have?

i get 40k ish in ubuntu on my 2600k at 4.6Ghz/1.3v :)

was making 150k+ when the beta units came out for the 5XX series cards. my 580 was loving it.

The good old days :)

Only 16k on a 3570k + 7850.. the 7850 isnt doing well, only hangs around 3k for an 11292 WU... i need to get around to sorting the drivers out (on 12.10 atm)
Definite driver issue with the 7000 series. What a pain. On my main rig I only run GPU folding, but my cards are water cooled and overclocked, so get very good scores versus my 3570k on that system. You can try just pausing the GPU, let the CPU run for a while (hours at least) and see if the PPD pick up. Then also pause the SMP slot and try just the 7850 and see what it gets you. Maybe better to run one versus the other, or both.... Don't install 13.1 - train wreck.

Also - don't hit the "big" pause button in the main window. Pauses all your slots. You can right click each individual one and pause them individually for testing and such...

I am getting 20k PPD on my overclocked i5 3570K 4,4ghz with a 5850 Graphics card, i am also using my Macbook air which costed the same amount and it is barerly getting 4k PPD :)
Ahh Mac's.... gotta... no, let's not go there. :D

Yeah, i've tried running one thing at a time, CPU doesn't pick up, nor does the GPU, its odd..

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

I have a 1100T and a 670. The CPU alone on 100% load makes my tiny room really warm, so CPU + GPU would become unbearable after 30 minutes or so.

How long did you let them run? Can take 4 or 5 hours to really pick it up. I left each of mine when testing run separately for 24hrs to get a good baseline and then make a choice. Folding on the GPU only may give you best bang for the buck, if the temps don't run to high. Make sure you GPU is running at 99%-100$ load. One of the bugs with the new drivers, they don't.

on my main rig ~80k (it just keeps rising)

on my iMac ~4-5k

Yeah, left SMP overnight and it didnt pick up... and Being at uni leaves me with little time to sort stuff properly, and yeah GPU hangs at about 57% regardless of whether SMP folding is on

Yep - def driver issue with the GPU. Apparently one fix is uninstall currently driver, run diskcleaner, re-install like 12.8 and voila, but not so great for gaming. Best bet, disable the GPU - it will impact your SMP while running. Leave SMP running. After you have completed 10 WU's you will get bonus points (you did get a passkey right?) and also depending on the WU, your PPD will vary. 16K on the 3570 is pretty good...

I believe I did, 32 bit alphanumeric string? When i get some free time to sort the drivers i will, uni gives little time, so little gaming, and as long as fps isn't below 30 i dont mind

I don't know what I am doing wrong but my GPU is failing. The SMP is running but for now only on 6.5 K ... any help about the GPU ? I got a 6870 with 13.1 drivers

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

I don't know what I am doing wrong but my GPU is failing. The SMP is running but for now only on 6.5 K ... any help about the GPU ? I got a 6870 with 13.1 drivers
roll back your drivers

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!