Whats your PPD?

I don't know what I am doing wrong but my GPU is failing. The SMP is running but for now only on 6.5 K ... any help about the GPU ? I got a 6870 with 13.1 drivers
Yep - 13.1 is a train wreck. For folding, best version was 12.8 - but for 6000 series up to 12.10 seems to work. You will need to remove 13.1, run a cleaner program, then reinstall. Look for the thread regarding AMD GPU's on the Folding forum - I post about this a week or so ago...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I don't know what I am doing wrong but my GPU is failing. The SMP is running but for now only on 6.5 K ... any help about the GPU ? I got a 6870 with 13.1 drivers
Just updated the FAQ with more info...

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/community-portal/folding-home-boinc/25283-linustechtips-folding-team-223518-faq

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

only around 8k only smp and gpu going on pc that gets used allot. havent got my other 8800gts or my gts 250 going yet.

only around 8k only smp and gpu going on pc that gets used allot. havent got my other 8800gts or my gts 250 going yet.
Those will help!

thanks for the info! will try it after work. Left it on to fold on the SMP for the day !

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

8.5K max on my 3570K + HD 7970.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Points Per Day - all calculated based on the WU you get, credits, Quick Return Bonus, etc. If using the v7 client, on the bottom, left, it will say, "Total Estimated Points Per Day". It is also a useful measurement in folding of how good, or powerful something is. My GT610 that nets 3.5K PPD isn't to hot, but my GTX 460 that pulls in 20K, thats nice. And so on...
really? A GTX460? I thought my little 650M was doing bad.. but I am pulling in 16-17PPD with that GPU. That makes me happy :)

Points Per Day - all calculated based on the WU you get, credits, Quick Return Bonus, etc. If using the v7 client, on the bottom, left, it will say, "Total Estimated Points Per Day". It is also a useful measurement in folding of how good, or powerful something is. My GT610 that nets 3.5K PPD isn't to hot, but my GTX 460 that pulls in 20K, thats nice. And so on...
Yep, that sounds about right for that card...

I suggest looking up a bit to mine. It'll be graphics drivers, and amd GPUs relly lean on the CPU and will destroy the CPU performance the 12.8 drivers are apparently the best for the 7000 series cards

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Cheers, I'll throw that in to see if it makes a difference.

6 K on i3 3240 @ 3.6 ghz :D

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

And around 14k with the gt 440 on folding aswell, beside the 3420

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

And around 14k with the gt 440 on folding

I get about 45k on my main rig (3570k / gtx 580)

my second rig gets 12 - 15k (phenom ii 965 / 5850)

I ussualy only run them when im not around though

I get about 45k on my main rig (3570k / gtx 580)

my second rig gets 12 - 15k (phenom ii 965 / 5850)

I ussualy only run them when im not around though

Nice - every little bit counts for the team. :)

I tried putting in 12.8 drivers... it made practically no difference :( Pulling 11K max.

I actually found my 3570k with GPU folding just went to garbage... so I disabled it and am folding only GPU. Getting better scores now that way. Try that for a day or two. Also, you may just be getting some unlucky WU's with low credits... Also check, just in case, when folding - is the GPU and CPU at max utilization? Lot of the 7000 series cards just aren't performing well. I tested for a few days on SMP only then GPU only and decided to go with that.

I get arround 19-20k on my 2500k @ 4.5ghz, at about 53c so thats all right.

I don't run it on my graphics card since the coil whine is annoying.

I just realized you can pause one slot without affecting the other, so now I run both GPU and CPU while I'm in school. My score went from 16K to 32K and my room gets nice and toasty when I get home =D

edit: It's actually 32K!

edit1: After some tweets, got it to max at 40K

Yep - if you click the Pause of Finish in the main window, if affects all your slots. By right clicking on each, you can individually control them.

6 K on i3 3240 @ 3.6 ghz :D
thats better then my q6600 haha i guess my core 2 quad is getting really old now. Defiantly time for a upgrade.

sig.png

Here's mine in Boinc.

Nice job! (grr... 10 char min...)