Headphones under $100

Slim Shady

Im looking for a pair of headphones for under $100 they must have:

detachable cable

i like bass lisen to a lot of rap and hip hop

and i live in australia so prices are a bit higher.

currently looking at

shure srh440

akg k240

skullcandy aviators 

v moda crossfade lp2 (too expensive)

thanks

Kingston HyperX Cloud, the best on the market IMO

No detachable wire, nevermind

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Kingston HyperX Cloud, the best on the market IMO

No detachable wire, nevermind

not that fond of gaming headsets

save a little more dollars for the audio technica ath m50x i have them and the bass is pretty good, i listen to EDM and rap/hiphop :) Cheers

Skullcandy SLYR, I know they are a headset but they are phenomenal.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Sennheiser HD 439, you can get them on amazon for like 70 or 80 ish, not sure if its the same in Australia but check them out they have decent bass

Edit: you can also mod them for more bass. Google it if you're interested

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Check out the Logitech UE6000s, they have a very similar sound signatures to the V-Moda M100s and can be had for $80~ USD. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Sennheiser HD 439, you can get them on amazon for like 70 or 80 ish, not sure if its the same in Australia but check them out they have decent bass

Edit: you can also mod them for more bass. Google it if you're interested

issue is i dont think the have detachable cable

If you buy Skullcandy headphones I will lose most of my respect for you. My older brother has a pair of AKGs and says they're phenomenal and I'd have to concur because they're comfortable, quite bassy and they sound real nice. But those are some sort of Tiesto endorsed AKG headphones but I am certain that they should be fine.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

M40x's will probably be your best bet. K240's are nice but they'll need some kind of amping to get the best out of them.

issue is i dont think the have detachable cable

No they do, trust me I own a pair

-Linus Sebastian

yeah i found out when i got them.

so far with a bit of burn in i am very happy with them thanks.

you can also do this if you want more bass, in the video he uses 428's instead of 439's but there really similar and the modding process is the same.

-Linus Sebastian

you can also do this if you want more bass, in the video he uses 428's instead of 439's but there really similar and the modding process is the same.

have you done this to your pair?

v moda for sure, worth the extra buck if you're looking for a bass headphone with good quality & your music genre it's quite a must have imo, go for it without looking. you can get it cheaper on amazon but i don't know if they cover the next buy warranty over amazon, do check if it's the unpacked retail rather than used . althought you need to burn the headphones for a period of 48 hours prior to proper usage..

Details separate people.