Which gtx 970 to get

zikky
Go to solution Solved by Wano97,

Maybe a bit offtopic... i could buy a 980 whit ease.. But is there really much of a difference between them in games? Price to preformance ratio the 970 wins... but how much of a diff is there? or is it just a epeen?

The difference in performance is roughly 15%, I'd save up a bit more and SLI 2 970's, leaving a single 980 in the dust

Which of the gtx 970 cards has the best cooling and noise level cooler?

The Strix is not out yet. and i am antzy to play games on my new pc now.... 

Gigabyte G1 <- Your only option. As someone else on the forum said before, the 0db feature of the strix is not even worth mentioning. And the Gigabyte G1 has by far the best cooler, hence they are sold out on newegg right now and the others aren't

ASUS STRIX  or the MSI FORZR V is what I would go for, worth the wait if they aren't out yet.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Honestly, I recommend waiting. The STRIX sure looks like the best 970 available (soon). 

The G1 is a good alternative.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

The G1 for the most part is the best card, but if it is too long for you, the Twin Frozr should be a good alternative. Just wait for them to get in stock.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

ASUS STRIX  or the MSI FORZR V is what I would go for, worth the wait if they aren't out yet.

Not everyone lives in usa :P In Norway its not in stoc yet 

The Gigabyte G1 look at this video

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Maybe a bit offtopic... i could buy a 980 whit ease.. But is there really much of a difference between them in games? Price to preformance ratio the 970 wins... but how much of a diff is there? or is it just a epeen?

The G1 for the most part is the best card, but if it is too long for you, the Twin Frozr should be a good alternative. Just wait for them to get in stock.

G1 is not out yet as well :( i got a big tower.. so place is no issue for me :P 

The difference in performance is roughly 15%, I'd save up a bit more and SLI 2 970's, leaving a single 980 in the dust

Hmm... ill just buy another gtx 970 when it gets slooow then... but yeah guess i go with the msi card. :P thanks dudes. 

Not everyone lives in usa :P In Norway its not in stoc yet 

Me neither, I live in the Netherlands, but what I was trying to say, personally if I would buy a 970 I'd wait for those cards. But if you don't want to wait, buy one with 2 big fans on it, that's all.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Me neither, I live in the Netherlands, but what I was trying to say, personally if I would buy a 970 I'd wait for those cards. But if you don't want to wait, buy one with 2 big fans on it, that's all.

Just put in an order on MSI's card. gonna pic it up tomorrow. aah cant wait... Shitty enough i gotta wait another day for my SSHD... thev 1tb black drive i had for gaming.. well.. the sata port plastic broke with ease on it. 

g1 as i have great experience with gigabyte cards and coolers

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Just put in an order on MSI's card. gonna pic it up tomorrow. aah cant wait... Shitty enough i gotta wait another day for my SSHD... thev 1tb black drive i had for gaming.. well.. the sata port plastic broke with ease on it. 

Nice! I have an SSHD as well, it feels great after using a normal HDD. I'm still saving up for a SSD though, I want MOARR.

g1 as i have great experience with gigabyte cards and coolers

Your profile picture is disturbing ;)