Will a single GTX 980 do fine in a triple 1080p setup?

ZeferiniX
Go to solution Solved by AlwaysFSX,

Hmm what do you think if I SLI 2 GTX 980?

Then Ultra is entirely possible at 5760x1080.

I can't find an answer for this one in google, most results are benchmarks or they're not sure. So what do you think guys?

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

yes I would say, if you are not expecting it to run it in Ultra graphics

Yes but not great. Here are some benchmarks. You would have to run games at around medium settings.

Yes, very much so.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

If you look at benchmarks for 780Ti, add 10-15% more and you have something that can relate to it.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

yes I would say, if you are not expecting it to run it in Ultra graphics

Geez was disappointed when I read that, and here I am hoping it to run fine in triple 1440p xD

Yes but not great. Here are some benchmarks. You would have to run games at around medium settings.

Thanks for the link, will read for a moment. I want ultra D:

Yes, very much so.

After reading previous posts, "much so" indeed D:

If you look at benchmarks for 780Ti, add 10-15% more and you have something that can relate to it.

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

could not say it better 

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Then Ultra would be very obtainable. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

could not say it better 

Then Ultra would be very obtainable. 

Finally got an answer, thanks guys. :D

You're welcome. :D Good luck with whatever you're planning.

If you're still in time, I think you should get a 970 instead, it's much better for the price and you can get two for not much more than a 980.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Glad to help!

If you're still in time, I think you should get a 970 instead, it's much better for the price and you can get two for not much more than a 980.

$1k budget for GPU, should I get 3 Asus Strix GTX 970 or 2 Asus GTX 980? or just 2 Asus Strix GTX 970? xD

$1k budget for GPU, should I get 3 Asus Strix GTX 970 or 2 Asus GTX 980? or just 2 Asus Strix GTX 970? xD

SLI performance and general stability is fairly lackluster past a two card setup so I wouldn't really recommend 3-way SLI. If you have a $1k budget for GPU and price/performance means little to you I'd go for two GTX 980s. However the best price/performance is the GTX 970 and 2x970s in SLI.

"Pass the Potatoes." - Richard Dawkins

Definitely just 2 970s ;) 3 are kind of a waste of money because of the reduced benefits, get 2 and then only add a third if you MUST have more performance.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*