Triple Monitor Issues - Need help.

Go to solution Solved by Sebajiya,

Yes. The setup I have is DVI, HDMI and then HDMI with an active Displayport converter. The converter has to be active, can be a little expensive but its the only way it will work.

Welp! spent £20 on two wires already! Oh well if I must spend more then I must. 

cannot say I don't have enough wires now :D

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

I have just purchased my third monitor and planned to have a lovely eyefinity set up so I can really play games! Problem is that at the moment my computer is only picking up two of the three monitors.

GPU > 7950 Vapor X > 2xDVI 1xHDMI 1xDisplayPort.

Monitors > 3xAsus VN247H > 2xHDMI 1XVGA.

have a Display Port to HDMI wire and am currently using that on the central monitor, with the outer monitors I have tried both with just DVI and then a mix and match of one using the HDMI and the other a DVI. Nothing yet..

INTERESTING POINT! 

The middle screen with the Display Port never has a problem at all and ONE of the TWO monitors will work, with the Left DVI having priority over the right.. with both the HDMI and DVI. 

When I take out the left monitors connection BAM! the right screen kicks in and starts working.. like wtf?

The monitor #2 in the picture will not be picked up with #3 plugged in.

What do? 

post-143603-0-36829200-1411551025.jpg

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

I have just purchased my third monitor and planned to have a lovely eyefinity set up so I can really play games! Problem is that at the moment my computer is only picking up two of the three monitors.

GPU > 7950 Vapor X > 2xDVI 1xHDMI 1xDisplayPort.

Monitors > 3xAsus VN247H > 2xHDMI 1XVGA.

have a Display Port to HDMI wire and am currently using that on the central monitor, with the outer monitors I have tried both with just DVI and then a mix and match of one using the HDMI and the other a DVI. Nothing yet..

INTERESTING POINT! 

The middle screen with the Display Port never has a problem at all and ONE of the TWO monitors will work, with the Left DVI having priority over the right.. with both the HDMI and DVI. 

When I take out the left monitors connection BAM! the right screen kicks in and starts working.. like wtf?

The monitor #2 in the picture will not be picked up with #3 plugged in.

What do? 

The Native HDMI connector shares a lane with the DVI that has VGA output. This means you can't use Native HDMI and that DVI port at the same time. I found this out last week when trying to get my 3 screens working.

\

The Native HDMI connector shares a lane with the DVI that has VGA output. This means you can't use Native HDMI and that DVI port at the same time. I found this out last week when trying to get my 3 screens working.

So how would I go about wiring this up then? 

So how would I go about wiring this up then? 

So you have one screen hooked up to DP and another to the HDMI right?

\

I had this same issue a few months back. If you are using a converter for the displayport (such as the cable) then it wont work. You need to buy an active HDMI to Displayport converter like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009YC3W1Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc

I have this wire. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J8H6GLI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So you have one screen hooked up to DP and another to the HDMI right?

I have tried 1xDP/HDMI + 1xDVI + 1xHDMI = Nothing.

The 1xDP/HDMI + 2XDVI = nothing

I have tried 1xDP/HDMI + 1xDVI + 1xHDMI = Nothing.

The 1xDP/HDMI + 2XDVI = nothing

Hmm, logically it should be hooked up like this: 1 screen hooked to DP, 1 screen hooked to DVI and the VGA screen hooked to the DVI with vga output.

\

It has to be an active converter to work. I used the same cable as you when setting it up and only 2 would work when setting it up but once I bought the adapter everything worked fine.

Ahhh So active converter + the HDMI and what 2xDVI? and that should work? 

Hmm, logically it should be hooked up like this: 1 screen hooked to DP, 1 screen hooked to DVI and the VGA screen hooked to the DVI with vga output.

Nooo...? You can use HDMI+DVI+DP but the DP cable has to be active.

I would test that if I had a DVI to VGA, I think what CookieDunne said about having an active converter, may just be my problem :/

Ahhh So active converter + the HDMI and what 2xDVI? and that should work? 

Yes. The setup I have is DVI, HDMI and then HDMI with an active Displayport converter. The converter has to be active, can be a little expensive but its the only way it will work.

Welp! spent £20 on two wires already! Oh well if I must spend more then I must. 

cannot say I don't have enough wires now :D