The "Right" CPU?

The ultimate question, and I kinda need an ultimate answer. I've spent the best part of 3 hours making my head hurt over if the i7 4930k is the CPU for me.

I'll be doing some heavy video editing, some visual effects (AE) - mainly rendering, working with 4K video also.

...but I'll also be gaming, they say you don't need a great CPU for gaming at all, but if I got one with more cores and a slower clock speed for editing, would this make gaming less.. awesome? 

My budget is $3500... but this includes over $1000 dollars already spent on case, motherboard, monitor and keyboard. Oh, and I ordered the CPU cooler today. For the first month or so I'll be running one graphics card, then I'll probably add another in SLI. Technically I could get a better CPU now, which is less upgradable and wait a another month for the extra GPU... and I'll probably have to cut down on RAM or something for now, I don't know...

But the POINT is, if I go ahead and spend $1000 on a CPU, am I getting a good bang for buck, there are so many options with Intel, I don't even know where to start, SO... recommendations? 

Here's the build on PcPartPicker: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MLqnXL

Thanks for your time guys! :D

Would the X99 i7 5820K not be an option for you?

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

You'll want the 5930k with x99 motherboard and ddr4. 

He already has the x79 board tho.

I could be very wrong

I have 2 question for you, why did you purchase your mobo before you knew exactly what cpu you are going, and you work mainly on rendering and 4k video, but choose a gaming monitor/TN panel?

Well, I thought I was sure. I know I like the P9x79-e WS, I was sold on that board, plus it will support most of the options anyway. I'll be buying an IPS panel fairly soon, however this was almost a starter monitor, I will be gaming a fair bit on this machine too. End setup will most likely be 3 TN panels and 1 IPS panel for color grading etc.

I have 2 question for you, why did you purchase your mobo before you knew exactly what cpu you are going, and you work mainly on rendering and 4k video, but choose a gaming monitor/TN panel?

I'm sorry, but yeah, this.

1.The 4930k is a great CPU, but for $3500 you should be getting nearly top-of the-line stuff. Right now that means an x99 mobo and DDR4

2. I'd allocate a little more money and get SLI gtx980s, or just get one and SLI later.

3. Every touch fan controller I've ever seen/used has been unresponsive and cruddy. Not sure about that one specifically but yeahhhhh. NZXT makes some good manual ones if you really want a front-mounted fan controller. I have the NZXT Sentry Mix 2 controller, not flashy but works great.

4. Unless you do much more gaming than professional work, I would tend to probably pick a monitor that isn't TN.

ok, was just wondering, and ya, you might want to consider the gtx980 if you want to power 4 monitors

anouther way of doing your cpu config would be with dual 6 core xeons. much faster than a i7 ee and cheaper too at only 800 try 2 e5 2620 v3 cpus on the asus ws dual socket board

I'm sorry, but yeah, this.

1.The 4930k is a great CPU, but for $3500 you should be getting nearly top-of the-line stuff. Right now that means an x99 mobo and DDR4

2. I'd allocate a little more money and get SLI gtx980s, or just get one and SLI later.

3. Every touch fan controller I've ever seen/used has been unresponsive and cruddy. Not sure about that one specifically but yeahhhhh. NZXT makes some good manual ones if you really want a front-mounted fan controller. I have the NZXT Sentry Mix 2 controller, not flashy but works great.

4. Unless you do much more gaming than professional work, I would tend to probably pick a monitor that isn't TN.

Apparently things are more expensive in the UK, when I change part picker to US (which is pretty much all my parts) it comes in at $2,234 yet in GBP it shows it as £2,641 which is $4,329.... hows that for a budget? Something clearly must be wrong here, either that or I live in the wrong freaking place.

So let's assume for the sake of translation that my budget is more around the $2,500 mark... including peripherals. I mean, you can see part picker, so you can estimate the budget based on my parts. I am probably settled with the 4930k... but is DDR4 worth the hassle of sending my x79 back in exchange for the x99? 

I'll be honest when I say the touch panel was purely for looks, but if it's not worth it I'll scrap it.

The TN panel, as I mentioned is for now, I will be getting an IPS panel soon, just not in the budget right now. First thing I'll be doing is gaming anyway, will be a few months before the heavy workloads in editing come in. 

**EDIT**

I just realised when I'd marked the items as purchased, and manually entered the price in pounds, they didn't count those parts in the total... so it's actually a $3,600 dollar build... reinforces your point.. haha. Although I'd say call it just under $3000... the peripherals shouldn't really count, I've already got them.