Asus P9X79-e WS not compatible with Corsair 750d case? Myth BUSTED.

I've been searching the depths of the web for the past day or so in effort to find out if the P9X79-e WS is compatible with my Obsidian 750d from Corsair, considering I had already purchased both. The reason for concern was that PC Part Picker says otherwise:

post-141727-0-47629100-1411474345.png

Link to build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/LC4TFT

I posted here on the forum asking and just like the rest of the web there were mixed opinions. I'm posting this here so that people that are thinking of buying these two in the future, will know the final answer to this debate.

The motherboard arrived this morning in the mail and all I can say is...

IT FITS. Not just that, but it does so, perfectly. The 750d supports XL-ATX and as predicted the standoffs are in the same positions. The front panel connectors from the case fit will all the sockets on the board, and of course the fan headers also connect, no problem.

The Obsidian series cases are just so sleek in my opinion and I needed a WS class motherboard, and this one is perfect.

post-141727-0-27531000-1411474289.jpg

post-141727-0-11143300-1411474283.jpg

post-141727-0-76699200-1411474285.jpg

post-141727-0-23064300-1411474291.jpg

@Pugs501 @mvitkun @JuTheBarbarian

EDIT ** Ignore my cable management, am literally just testing here.

interesting... Those are some effing awesome macro(?) shots!!

Haha thanks! 50mm canon lens is a must have!

Did you report it to PcPartPicker as incorrect?

Because he had a hard drive.

Did you report it to PcPartPicker as incorrect?

Yes, I've just done so :)

Yes, I've just done so :)

Ok, just had to point it out because it would be bad if you were wrong.

Because he had a hard drive.

It's because Corsair didn't list Eatx support in their specs so pcpartpicker copypasted it literally. Eatx is just slightly wider ATX, it will fit in any ATX case, it's just out of lazyness that they didn't bother to mention it. My TJ11 doesn't fit a Rampage IV extreme according to pcpartpicker apparently lol. 

For the flat tray cases most E-ATX boards should fit.  Usually the only problems arise from physical contact with the 5.25" cages or hard drive cages.  

However, one should be careful with recessed-tray cases (like the Corsair 400R) and E-ATX motherboards.  You will almost certainly have to modify (read: bang holes in) the case to get the motherboard to fit and to route SATA cables.  I'm speaking from personal experience here.  

That was slightly off-topic, but I didn't want someone to read this thread and automatically assume that E-ATX boards will fit in almost any case, despite compatibility warnings.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

I've been searching the depths of the web for the past day or so in effort to find out if the P9X79-e WS is compatible with my Obsidian 750d from Corsair, considering I had already purchased both. The reason for concern was that PC Part Picker says otherwise:

attachicon.gifpcpartpickerWRONG.png

Link to build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/LC4TFT

I posted here on the forum asking and just like the rest of the web there were mixed opinions. I'm posting this here so that people that are thinking of buying these two in the future, will know the final answer to this debate.

The motherboard arrived this morning in the mail and all I can say is...

IT FITS. Not just that, but it does so, perfectly. The 750d supports XL-ATX and as predicted the standoffs are in the same positions. The front panel connectors from the case fit will all the sockets on the board, and of course the fan headers also connect, no problem.

The Obsidian series cases are just so sleek in my opinion and I needed a WS class motherboard, and this one is perfect.

attachicon.gifIMG_8213.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8210.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8212.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8214.JPG

@Pugs501 @mvitkun @JuTheBarbarian

EDIT ** Ignore my cable management, am literally just testing here.

WOHOO! Congrats man! I'm glad it all worked out for you! I myself would have hated to spend that much money just to figure out it didn't work, lol.