Best Headphones for Dubstep/EDM/Gaming/ect..?

N00BYSL4Y3R

How much money goes into aesthetics? :blink: The Mad Dogs don't look good at all. Looks like a Fostek with words printed over it, a little silly tbh.

That painting costs more than you think. I can't access their page right now so can't tell you exactly what since I don't remember. I just remember looking at it and laughing at the price and seeing a few places where they wasted a lot of the budget.

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, a real fun headphone. Got mine a year ago and would buy it again!

They have a mic cable for gaming as well, as an extra....

http://www.headfonia.com/beyer-custom-one-pro-definition-of-cool/

I saw some reviews that said the v-moda m100 were better and then sennheiser hd8 better than the m100..

I maybe stereotyping, but I'm a bit skeptical about soundcard's amp (compared to a dedicated amp). Most middle to high end soundcards got enough voltage in it to drive high impedance headphones (as often advertised, 'can drive up to 600 ohms headphones'). With planars, the impedance is not that high, but they need a good and stable supply of currents (amperage), and that's what I'm skeptical about soundcards (can they supply the good and stable currents needed)

I had the Xonar DG (with its much acclaimed 'built-in hedphone amp'), and it gave a white flag when trying to drive the HE400. Whenever the volume is more than 50%, the sound started to 'sway' (distort), especially in songs with lots of kicks. Mobile devices are usually able to give a stable current, but not enough amount (i.e. the kicks are not tight and punchy enough)

O2 should got more than enough juice to drive HE400. I'm currently using the Aune T1 for my HE400. Like I said before, tube devices give a bit of warmer tone to HE400, so if you like warmer tone (especially in vocals), tubes are the way to go....

ok, I'll check it thankyou

Still be careful of using a headphone with a speaker amp. Don't wanna fry your ears or your headphones. I think the HE400 are still kindda bulky... if you're extra-sensitive to comfort, that might be a problem.

Open headphones don't leak out sound THAT much. Unless you're going 120db on your headphones you'll be fine.

The DT770 880 990 all have bass. 770 and 990 has some extra treble as well.

The Mad Dog is a nice choice - it's comfy for a planar magnetic headphone, it's got a fun sound signature. (It can rain on the bass too.) It's closed ish, it doesn't have that huge soundstage, but still. They don't let sound in, they don't let sound out. I really enjoyed it, I think it'd be a blast with your taste in music. But, you can't buy it on Amazon. Hope you live in the US. It's cheaper than HE-400 if you get both new. I don't like the look of the Mad Dog though. But I guess I'd get around that once they're on my head.  :P

y nobody try mad dawg in dis forum y

I live in canada and cant find the alpha dog anywhere :/  I'll check for the DT thanks

Edit: I mean mad dog xD

Edit2: yeah I misunderstood what bernacules say when he tested the he 500 showing the sound leakage (what a funny guy) 

Denon AH-Dxxx or fostex TH-x00 headphones

king of electronic imo

Denon AH-Dxxx or fostex TH-x00 headphones

king of electronic imo

I'll check those one too thanks

has anyone tried the hifiman HE 500? what can you say compared to he 400? is it worth the investment? here in canada is like 200$CAD more between he 400 to 500. and just to be curious, compared to the HD800? :P

The HD800s are not elevated at the bass. You could EQ it. The bass is good, but there's isn't enough for some people's tastes. (Many people prefer extra bass. Doesn't make you a bad person, it is what it is.) The strength of HD800 is at details in treble, comfort, soundstage, and imaging. The biggest complaint with HD800 is that some people find the treble to be too much.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

The HD800s are not elevated at the bass. You could EQ it. The bass is good, but there's isn't enough for some people's tastes. (Many people prefer extra bass. Doesn't make you a bad person, it is what it is.) The strength of HD800 is at details in treble, comfort, soundstage, and imaging. The biggest complaint with HD800 is that some people find the treble to be too much.

I didn't think the treble was harsh, but I godda get dat bass mayne.

Get a HE400. They do wonders on dubsteps. Minus point, it's a bit heavy and quite high clamping force, but may be a plus if you move your head around much.

And yeah, most cases, you'd need a separate amp for that. Get tube amps, and the HE400 will sounds better on the lower frequencies. Or, if you're conserving money, get the Lepai 2020+. It's actually a speaker amp, and will most likely fry regular headphones, but planars like HE400 can take much more current than the regular (dynamic driver) headphones. It's $25. It got a bit of a hiss, but easily drowns when a song start. 

Do they rumble with the bass? If yes, thats awesome

has anyone tried the hifiman HE 500? what can you say compared to he 400? is it worth the investment? here in canada is like 200$CAD more between he 400 to 500.

I have both and the HE500 is the superior headphone. That been said, I don't think the difference in price is worth it (a personal opinion).

Sonically the HE500 has a flatter frequency response curve and is a little more open and that can make a difference. That said, the HE400 sound similar but are extremely good value, the only drawback is that it can be a bit harsh in the highs, though that can be remedied with an earpad replacement to the new FocusPads (which I'm using and recommend highly) or by using a warmer dac and/or amp.

Bottom line, the sonic differences between the HE500 and HE400 don't justify the difference in price, but if cost isn't a problem for you then go for the HE500 (or newer HE560, or similarly priced LCD2).

EDIT: I should also add that the bass response on the HE400 tends to go lower than the HE500, but the bass on the HE500 has more detail.

I saw some reviews that said the v-moda m100 were better and then sennheiser hd8 better than the m100..

Had the V-Moda M100 next to the Custom One and decided to send them back. They are not as versatile. The 4 different Bass reflex options really got me into the custom one, want to hear as neutral as possible (e.g. Classical Music)? Wide open bass reflex! Want to get heavy bass that lets your head vibrate with house/techno/dubstep? Close it up completely! 

Whats your price-point anyway? Are you experienced with neutral headphones made for audiophiles? Do you have an external amp, you need to watch compatibility (strength of the amp should cover weaknesses of the headphone and so forth)...  

I simply was in need of a versatile headphone for music/gaming/movies/ect. and did just want to plug my headphone into my xfi soundcard without to much other stuff going on.

I highly recommend you order a few, 2-4 different ones, and listen to them on your setup. Send the ones you don't want back. Your ears and rig are a combination nobody else has, only you can choose the perfect fit. Everything we can do is promote headphones we liked or seem might fit you well.  

It mainly depends on your budget,i suggest you try out Sony MDR V55 not big on comfort,but at the price it's truly outstanding.Since you are a bass head sennheiser hd8 would be best for you.

ok, I decided to choose an open one, Ill choose a closed one later for when Im traveling but now I want  the best.

Ive been looking for the akg k612, they seem to be really comfortable and have very good sound (and bass if I resume what a Ive listen on a review) and they seem to be very light weight. but I hate that the cable is not removable... would like to use a coiled cable instead.

so I turned my head to the k702 which have a removable cable but cant find any review on it. So, I was wondering if one of you guys tested them and can recommend these for what Im looking? or maybe is it not for me?

what do you think guys?

ok, I decided to choose an open one, Ill choose a closed one later for when Im traveling but now I want  the best.

Ive been looking for the akg k612, they seem to be really comfortable and have very good sound (and bass if I resume what a Ive listen on a review) and they seem to be very light weight. but I hate that the cable is not removable... would like to use a coiled cable instead.

so I turned my head to the k702 which have a removable cable but cant find any review on it. So, I was wondering if one of you guys tested them and can recommend these for what Im looking? or maybe is it not for me?

what do you think guys?

So I imagine someone is going to shoot me for doing this, but hey what the hell. Here's a link to a headfi post that might help: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_K702

They're subjective opinions so take them with a grain of salt

Akg k612 and dt 990s are my personal daily drivers. Both need some kind of amping (and no creative, not a speaker amp ;) )

K702s are nice but beware of AKG headphones with the bumps on the headband. If they have them they will be very uncomfortable after 20 minutes even with thick hair.