What FPS game to get used to PC Gaming?

scottishjohn

What game has a good campaign or online that I could play to get used to gaming on the pc? I've got BF3 but don't want to play it till I can play a little better on pc.

planetside 2 is free2play I think, its a really good game but I don't know if your PC can handle it. You should check it out!

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

What game has a good campaign or online that I could play to get used to gaming on the pc? I've got BF3 but don't want to play it till I can play a little better on pc.

Play the campaign on the highest difficulty,  it'll give you a decent start for multiplayer.

An old call of duty, theyre cheap and everyone has given up caring with them to be honest :p

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

When I first started I got a copy of MW2. Was cheap and got me used to FPS games. And because Call of Duty is a twitch shooter, it definitely helps aiming practice and getting used to all of the controls.

Corsair 300r Case with OCZ ZT 750W PSU | Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor | Asus P8Z77-V LGA1155 Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) | OCZ Vertex 4 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD | AMD Sapphire 7770 Vapor-X 1GB Video Card | 2 Acer S220HQL 22" monitors |
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | CM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3500dpi

To get used to using a mouse I played TF2 and then moved to CSS.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

planetside 2 is free2play I think, its a really good game but I don't know if your PC can handle it. You should check it out!

This guy is going to get nothing outside of frustration from getting farmed all day. I'd rather recommend playing Quake Live in the practice mode (or another arena game where you can practice against bots) and get to where you can easily take on the AI on Nightmare (which is honestly very easy once you get the hang of things). Hell, you have BF3, so why aren't you playing the campaign? Not going to lie, switching to a mouse is not easy, but keep at it, and you will be rewarded. Get a big mousepad, LOWER YOUR SENS (to at least 15 inches for a 360 in game), and stay away from laser mice. Wish someone would have laid it out for me like that when I was getting into PC, lol.

I would never play a modern AAA-Title FPS on the hardest level in the singleplayer.

It's just stupid and frustrating especially in MW3, BO(2) and BF3 there are simply tons and tons of totally stupid enemies, which can hit you randomly behind walls, don't hide themselves etc. pp.

Annoying and frustrating. Don't do it,

MB: MSI Z77A-GD55 | CPU: Intel i5-2500k @ 4.5 GHz | RAM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 @1333MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II 

Monitor: 22" Samsung SyncMaster B2230H @60Hz | Audio: Creative Aurvana Live! | PSU: SuperFlower 80+ Gold 550 Watt 

OS: ArchLinux + KDE / Windows 8 Pro 64bit | Smartphone: Nexus 4 16GB - CM11

I would never play a modern AAA-Title FPS on the hardest level in the singleplayer.

It's just stupid and frustrating especially in MW3, BO(2) and BF3 there are simply tons and tons of totally stupid enemies, which can hit you randomly behind walls, don't hide themselves etc. pp.

Was it the first BO with that ridiculous stage on a hill? LOL, was the dumbest sequence I think I've ever played in an FPS. It's a shame that PC players missed out on Gears 2 and 3 which I think had pretty good AI and wasn't overly cheap on highest difficulty settings.

Was it the first BO with that ridiculous stage on a hill? LOL, was the dumbest sequence I think I've ever played in an FPS. It's a shame that PC players missed out on Gears 2 and 3 which I think had pretty good AI and wasn't overly cheap on highest difficulty settings.

I remember a scene from BO2 (even though I just saw a video of it, didn't play the game myself), where you basicly drive on the back of a truck over a field, have a LMG (with 2000 bullets) in your hand and shoot black africans in the back.  :ph34r:

MB: MSI Z77A-GD55 | CPU: Intel i5-2500k @ 4.5 GHz | RAM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 @1333MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II 

Monitor: 22" Samsung SyncMaster B2230H @60Hz | Audio: Creative Aurvana Live! | PSU: SuperFlower 80+ Gold 550 Watt 

OS: ArchLinux + KDE / Windows 8 Pro 64bit | Smartphone: Nexus 4 16GB - CM11

Call Of Duty World At War or Battlefield Bad company 1 

Call Of Duty World At War or Battlefield Bad company 1 

But there is no Bad Company 1 for PC  ;)

To get used to fps on PC, Play FPS on pc, there's no way around it. I don't agree with the whole play this to get used to the mouse or play that to get used to the keyboard nonsense. I'm not saying it won't work, it probably will but not because you played that particular game it's because you PLAYED A FPS ON THE PC.

Just play what you have/want to play.

Really any FPS will be fine, just play.

GL and HF : D

Thanks for all of the replies. I got bioshock infinite with my graphics card so will probably play that and the BF3 campaign.

Quake and Counter Strike!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Please don't play campaign of BF3 please!

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

If you want to jump in at the deep end try quake, its free! 

http://www.quakelive.com/#!welcome

Rig: CPU: 1x quad core potato(4.6GHz). Cooling: Iced Tea. GPU: AMD HDToaster. Motherboard: Asus "Stale Bread Extreme Edition". RAM: 2x 4GB sticks of 1600MHz celery. PSU: 650w Roborovski Hamster in wheel.  Storage: Many Floppy Disks. 

Unreal Tournament, Quake, Counter Strike, Arma

Play your Bioshock and jump right in to BF3 mp.. Forget about the single player.  After a few games and some time to learn the maps you will be fine.

I play Counter Strike vs bot when I was 12 like a LOT, at that time I can't even play online because I always got bullied, now I'm 18 and already go to some small battle with other community

But there is no Bad Company 1 for PC  ;)

Lolol i MEANT > 2 <

My keyboard is messing up