New headset? (+siberia v3?)

Magggizzz
I want (need) to buy a new headset, mainly for gaming but also for some music, since my Siberias v2 broke. Loved the v2's and want something similar to it.

I've been looking at the 9h and h wireless, but now i saw some pictures of siberia V3's and wanted to know if they were real. (Then i think i would choose those)

if you could name a headset with a detatchable cable, then that would be preffered. (I break the cables often and dont want to buy a new headset all the time. :P)

im not the best at writing stuff like this in english, so i am sorry for any mistakes :/

picture of "steelseries v3 Prism"

post-143054-0-24929900-1411400556.jpg

Ok. So I should just buy the 9h or something instead of waiting?

Stay away from Steelseries. Go hyperx or separate headphones/mic.

What is wrong with steelseries? Linus gave them a pretty good review.

What is wrong with steelseries? Linus gave them a pretty good review.

Just because Linus gave them a pretty good review, doesn't mean they're any good. Linus only recently got more knowledgeable about audio and he still isn't the best. 

Stay away from Steelseries. Go hyperx or separate headphones/mic.

it just seems like everyone is hopping on the hyperx hype train because of Linus' review.

Are v-moda crossfade m-100 or denon ah-d600 any good for gaming?

it just seems like everyone is hopping on the hyperx hype train because of Linus' review.

We've been recommending the hyperx for months before that review even came out. 

Are v-moda crossfade m-100 or denon ah-d600 any good for gaming?

I believe the crossfade has a small sound stage which is not good for directional accuracy but will be nice for explosions. The new Denons are underwelming. The only Denons you should buy are the D2000 and the D5000 which are discontinued so you will need to buy those used. The D2000 is around $250 to $300 on the headfi classifieds which is pretty good. If you want the D5000 then getting a Fostex TH600 would probably be better if you're willing to spend the little bit extra.  

We've been recommending the hyperx for months before that review even came out. 

I believe the crossfade has a small sound stage which is not good for directional accuracy but will be nice for explosions. The new Denons are underwelming. The only Denons you should buy are the D2000 and the D5000 which are discontinued so you will need to buy those used. The D2000 is around $250 to $300 on the headfi classifieds which is pretty good. If you want the D5000 then getting a Fostex TH600 would probably be better if you're willing to spend the little bit extra.  

Would the Hyperx be better than the v-moda in this case?

Would the Hyperx be better than the v-moda in this case?

Probably. It's similar to the Beyerdynamic DT770 so it should have a larger sound stage than the M100. Look into open headphones if you're worried about surround though. Something like the AKG K612 would be ideal. 

Probably. It's similar to the Beyerdynamic DT770 so it should have a larger sound stage than the M100. Look into open headphones if you're worried about surround though. Something like the AKG K612 would be ideal. 

Problem is i would like to carry them around too, making an open headphone not an ideal choice :S

I can't think of anything better than the HyperX then. 

Thank you very much :)

The hyper x clouds are really just a pair of qpads, and i can buy those where i live. Should I do that?

No.

Just no.

To the OP: Steelseries showed off their V3s in the latest Maximumpc Podcast. (And their Prism version.)

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?