Colorado High Schooler Invents Smart Gun That Unlocks With Your Fingerprint

Ethnod

tbh I think it has very little to do with Gun control and more to do with a combination of a scared & unhappy populous and massive poverty. But then again, nothing is ever cause by just one thing really, is it?

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Im not anti gun, i am fine with people owning guns. but you need sensible regulations.

background checks on everybody etc, in fact why not make it require a license or to limit the amount of guns and ammo one person is allowed to carry/own.

also are you oppossed to driving tests?

Driving is a privilege. Gun Ownership is a right. Significant difference.

How about the govt. instate a ban on more than 4GB of RAM because that's more than any "sane" person needs.

Everyones definition of "sane" is different across the whole spectrum of humanity.

I can already hear the NRA and the gun makers screaming about this.

This isn't very new, a couple of months back a similar invention came out.

You can guess how the NRA responded.

I'm pretty sure either Jon Stewart or John Oliver did an amazing segment on it. Let me see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Found it. Two parts.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/edf7xm/guy-walks-into-a-chipotle

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/snqfxc/shooters

If it stops people from shooting stolen weapons, in places like Chicago, I'm all for it. 

Driving is a privilege. Gun Ownership is a right. Significant difference.

How about the govt. instate a ban on more than 4GB of RAM because that's more than any "sane" person needs.

Everyones definition of "sane" is different across the whole spectrum of humanity.

and it use to be your right to own a slave, times change rights change.

and it use to be your right to own a slave, times change rights change.

Uh

That wasn't a right either

Stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.

Uh

That wasn't a right either

Stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.

show me were it says you have a right to defend yourself with a gun

also slaves were considered property and you had a right to property so therefore you had a right to slaves,

show me were it says you have a right to defend yourself

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but you should feel embarrassed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_self-defense

show me were it says you have a right to defend yourself with a gun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_keep_and_bear_arms_in_the_United_States

also slaves were considered property and you had a right to property so therefore you had a right to slaves,

Owning a slave was never a right, holy fuck. Owning a human isn't a human right because in the process you are disallowing the slave human rights themselves.

Owning a slave was never a right, holy fuck. Owning a human isn't a human right because in the process you are disallowing the slave human rights themselves.

yes that is exactly why we got rid of slavery because we realised that it infringed on there human rights, so you need to use that same thinking to realise why the argument for more gun regulation and control is important.

yes that is exactly why we got rid of slavery because we realised that it infringed on there human rights, so you need to use that same thinking to realise why the argument for more gun regulation and control is important.

No, we got rid of slavery by implementing the human rights act in 1866. It wasn't just suddenly realised.

Jesus Christ.

No, we got rid of slavery by implementing the human rights act in 1866. It wasn't just suddenly realised.

Jesus Christ.

your nitpicking my choice of words rather then my argument

Why is everyone acting like smart guns are a bad thing ?

If good implemented it would be safer and faster than a normal saftey lock.

It would reduce the unlock time and it prevents someone to shoot you with your own gun which happens way to often.

Smart guns would also be better for cops and military because it can prevent unwanted use.

RTX2070OC 

your nitpicking my choice of words rather then my argument

Not at all.

For example, how does owning a gun suddenly infringe other people's human rights?

Not at all.

For example, how does owning a gun suddenly infringe other people's human rights?

if you read my posts im not opposed to owning a gun, im oppossed to the lack of regulation you have

if you read my posts im not opposed to owning a gun, im oppossed to the lack of regulation you have

Maybe you've already stated it in this thread, but what are you suggesting as far as regulations go?

Maybe you've already stated it in this thread, but what are you suggesting as far as regulations go?

lets start with universal background checks,

What does that even mean, though? We already have NICS.

Any respectable gun store in America already does this. It's illegal to sell guns to felons, so how do you find out if a customer is a felon? You do a background check.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Any respectable gun store in America already does this. It's illegal to sell guns to felons, so how do you find out if a customer is a felon? You do a background check.

private sellers don't have to, eg if you go to a gun show and some dude is selling guns out the back of his truck he doesn't have to run bg check.

private sellers don't have to, eg if you go to a gun show and some dude is selling guns out the back of his truck he doesn't have to run bg check.

This depends on the state laws. How would doing this curb criminal purchases that already happen outside the background check system in place?

This depends on the state laws. How would doing this curb criminal purchases that already happen outside the background check system in place?

It would allow police to arrest people selling guns in this way. it also removes a "legal" way for a criminal to get a gun.

I still think a gun license system going forward is the best way for america, obtained in a similar way to a driving license (obviously it would take allot less time and effort)

Yes, I'm sure a law would make them stop doing that.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

It would allow police to arrest people selling guns in this way. it also removes a "legal" way for a criminal to get a gun.

I still think a gun license system going forward is the best way for america, obtained in a similar way to a driving license (obviously it would take allot less time and effort)

It wouldn't stop criminals from getting guns, if that's the goal. It would make criminals out of people, even otherwise law-abiding citizens, that want to privately sell firearms without being placed on a registry.

You compare this to a driver's license. Does that stop people from driving recklessly, or without a license, or without insurance? Privilege vs. right, etc. etc.

*insert anti-gun comment here* 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!