Joke names for Haswell

ALXAndy

Seeing as it's a total flop I've been thinking up some names for Haswell.

So far I have Hasfail and Hasnotwell.

Any more?

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Haswell is not a flop. Intel didn't claim revolutionary number increases. And power efficiency has increased greatly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Haswell is not a flop. Intel didn't claim revolutionary number increases. And power efficiency has increased greatly.

And other than that it's a complete let down. Why should Intel get away with releasing a crap product? No true enthusiast gives a rat's chuffpiece how much power a product uses. Near on every mainboard being salivated over had at least two 8 pins, some had an extra PCIE 6 pin. No one gave a crap then.

It's a total failure. It doesn't even clock as well as Ivy which wasn't a great clocker to begin with. Why are people trying to butter it up? is it because they have made a rod for their own back my brown nosing Intel for so long?

A spade is a spade, man.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I'm not going to argue. Intel didn't market amazing numbers. We got what we expected. Besides, remember Bulldozer? Flop.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

And other than that it's a complete let down. Why should Intel get away with releasing a crap product? No true enthusiast gives a rat's chuffpiece how much power a product uses. Near on every mainboard being salivated over had at least two 8 pins, some had an extra PCIE 6 pin. No one gave a crap then.

It's a total failure. It doesn't even clock as well as Ivy which wasn't a great clocker to begin with. Why are people trying to butter it up? is it because they have made a rod for their own back my brown nosing Intel for so long?

A spade is a spade, man.

most people dont know about the performance and most people buy it because its intel and its new.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

it out performs the last generation.... that doesnt make it bad, that makes it an improvment.

it might not be for overclockers but then again u might aswell for an AMD cpu, they are allot cheaper and are targeted towards overclockers.

another thing, intel cpu's have never really been good for overclockers cause they are too safe. they perform realy well for longer periods of time and dont need to be overclocked

AMD = overclockers dream

Intel = Performance god with some overclocking features

Character artist in the Games industry.

it out performs the last generation.... that doesnt make it bad, that makes it an improvment.

it might not be for overclockers but then again u might aswell for an AMD cpu, they are allot cheaper and are targeted towards overclockers.

another thing, intel cpu's have never really been good for overclockers cause they are too safe. they perform realy well for longer periods of time and dont need to be overclocked

AMD = overclockers dream

Intel = Performance god with some overclocking features

The reason it's such a fail is because of what we were led to believe. IE - 6.2ghz overclocks with 0.8v. I took note that Intel did not debunk those teaser shots either, so I can only conclude there was LN2 at play.

*IF* Haswell did not require an entire new socket and board it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad IMO, but when you have every board manufacturer putting together stupid boards with enough power stages on them to cause a pinch then it's utter,utter fail.

What I don't want to see now is people taking the word of reviewers who have slagged AMD off so much that they have backed themselves into a corner.

A 5% performance increase that requires an entire new format is bad no matter how you look at it tbh. I mean crap, even AMD got 15% with Piledriver over Bulldozer ffs.

Actually, it was Bulldozer previously. Steamroller is up next for release.

It was yeah just edited my post :)

Haswell is fine. Its exactly what most people expected. Also its not intels enthusiast platform, that will be ivybridge-e later this year.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

The reason it's such a fail is because of what we were led to believe. IE - 6.2ghz  overclocks with 0.8v. I took note that Intel did not debunk those teaser shots either, so I can only conclude there was LN2 at play.

*IF* Haswell did not require an entire new socket and board it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad IMO, but when you have every board manufacturer putting together stupid boards with enough power stages on them to cause a pinch then it's utter,utter fail.

What I don't want to see now is people taking the word of reviewers who have slagged AMD off so much that they have backed themselves into a corner. 

A 5% performance increase that requires an entire new format is bad no matter how you look at it tbh. I mean crap, even AMD got 15% with Piledriver over Steamroller ffs.

welcome to the IT industry, the most you will EVER see in performance gaps on each generation is around 3-20% increase, also AMD are well behind Intel when it comes to performance that "15%" increase is still 80+% behind intel. if you where to scale the difference in performance from this generation of intel to the same as amd over the past generation the difference in performance will be around 130%.

amd tend to just through more cores and GHz at a CPU and hope to god it will perform, intel sit down and actual redesign there CPU's every year (which is no small feat) tiny improvement is them learning over the last generation, its called progression anything is good.

if you where to compare it to human history it is like man finally standing up for the first time every generation, its not like leaving the sea for the first time or discovering fire.

Character artist in the Games industry.

Actually, it was Bulldozer previously. Steamroller is up next for release.

Actually, it was Bulldozer, then Piledriver, then Steamroller, then Excavator.

Actually, it was Bulldozer, then Piledriver, then Steamroller, then Excavator.

That's what I just said. Bulldozer was first, Piledriver is current, and Steamroller is up next.

Hackwell.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

That's what I just said. Bulldozer was first, Piledriver is current, and Steamroller is up next.

Okay, it sounded like you meant Bulldozer was current. :D Whatever, who cares.

A spade is a spade, man.

People who use laptops do, because it means longer battery life.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

I kinda agree that Haswell is everything except interesting and that it became exactly what I expected it to be, but I wouldn't call it a flop. It's still improvement.

I don't think Haswell was a flop and I might replace my 2x 2400s just because idle consumption is insane. 

But on the topic: Heatwall 

most people dont know about the performance and most people buy it because its intel and its new.

What other choices are there besides Intel, apart from AMD who are a year behind?

I love competition but you can't say haswell is a flop. It did what people said it would do.

Intel didn't say it was gonna blow people away.

Meanwhile AMD with bulldozer hyped up the chip as the next big thing and even made motherboard manufacturers release their boards early for people to buy into the hype before the chips EVEN launched.

And we all know what happened then...

(note that I have nothing against AMD whatsoever, I like AMD and I hope they can really push Intel this time around with steamroller)

What other choices are there besides Intel, apart from AMD who are a year behind?

Im changed to AMD, why because soon everything will be more optimizes for higher core counts why, because of teh new consoles as much as we hate it that is where most games have the most sales there. The new consoles have more cores so better optimizing.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1