Icons Rearrange When I Change Resolution

TheToxicgamer97
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

Came across this nifty program ages ago..

http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http://www.midiox.com/desktoprestore.htm

Desktop Restore

Install it.

Rightclick, save icon placement

Move icons around..

Rightclick, restore, watch the magic happen.

Hi everyone, I have a triple monitor setup so that I can play games in Nvidia Surround. I like my Icons arranged very specifically all around the screen. The issue with this is when I switch between Surround and normal mode it pushes all my icons to left side. I don't have auto-arrange or anything like that checked. I could just take a screen shot and replace them every time, but I have 70+ icons and that can be extremely tedious. I understand why this is happening, I'm just wondering if there's a way to prevent it. Please help!

Came across this nifty program ages ago..

http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http://www.midiox.com/desktoprestore.htm

Desktop Restore

Install it.

Rightclick, save icon placement

Move icons around..

Rightclick, restore, watch the magic happen.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

^^^^this was actually quite helpful actually. i notice the same thing happen to me whenever i hook up my blade to my 1080p monitor :P so this should be useful. thx.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

^^^^this was actually quite helpful actually. i notice the same thing happen to me whenever i hook up my blade to my 1080p monitor :P so this should be useful. thx.

+1 for Sticky

I'll give you a lock of my hair or someone else's (from unknown origins) if you bookmark this and tell your friends :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

+1 for Sticky

I'll give you a lock of my hair or someone else's (from unknown origins) if you bookmark this and tell your friends :)

lol my friends play league of legends on their macbooks... i dont think this is of much use to them xD

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

lol my friends play league of legends on their macbooks... i dont think this is of much use to them xD

They be all like... whoa... you can do that...

:)

Okay, I'm obviously reaching....

Still a great program, tell your friends who are worth a damn xD

+1 for Sticky

Yeah my friends aren't cool enough to need this :P

Yeah my friends aren't cool enough to need this :P

you put it into words my friend. lel :S

Does this help restore icons when you switch between enabling/disabling Crossfire?  For some reason doing that completely messes the icons for no obvious reasons.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this help restore icons when you switch between enabling/disabling Crossfire?  For some reason doing that completely messes the icons for no obvious reasons.

Yes, it does Exactly that.