Corsair 450D or Air 240 Thoughts

Accursed Entity
Go to solution Solved by Accursed Entity,

Thanks a lot guys, placed the order on the 450D. :)

So, I'm building late October and I'm starting to buy the components. Sadly in the PC case area, I can't get none of the cases I was originally interested in(Enthoo Evolv or NZXT S340) because of where I'm currently living(Caribbean). I was getting desperate but I found out that through Amazon I can get some cases, ones sold and fulfilled by Amazon. These(450D & Air 240) are a few of them that are available and got me interested.

*I'm building a single GPU, AIO CPU cooler, with not HDDs at all only 2 SSDs. 

I'm in the Amazon website(it has to be Amazon), and about to pull the trigger, but I wanted some opinions from you guys on the 450D and the Air 240 first(it has to be one of these 2). Yes, they are very different from each other, this is not a mATX vs ATX thread, I know the differences between the size factors. What I'd like instead is your opinion or feedback(if already a user) on the cases itself. How do you feel about each one, what you don't like, between these two what would you choose?

If I left out any vital information you can ask me, I'll answer, thanks.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I can vouch and say the 450D is sexy as hell

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

If I was building I'd choose the Air 240, so I voted for that. I like SFF builds and if your only required expansion card at the moment is one GPU then I see no reason to go bigger.

However, they are both great cases so really it comes down to your decision - do you want an ATX or MATX build?

Also just something to note about the Air 240 - it only has 4 PCI Expansion Slots rather than 5, so you can't install a second GPU in crossfire/SLI with a gap between. Just a consideration to make, because that gap is good for airflow/cooling and also allows another single-slot expansion card (e.g. a TV tuner, sound card or Wifi card) to be installed in the middle. Some other MATX cases like Corsair's own 350D and Fractal Design's Node 804 allow this. I know you said that you don't have a large range of other cases available but if there any MATX cases with 5 PCI slots that take your fancy they would be worth considering.

Thanks a lot guys, placed the order on the 450D. :)

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p