Confused about choices

55five55
Go to solution Solved by Maxwit44,

Fixed the link, it included the ) which is wasn't meant to :P

Ah ok, I'll check out Gumtree and see what I can find there! Any suggestions on key features I should be looking for to get the best image quality? Or possible models?

As its some to get you by in the mean time, 21-24 inch 1080p minimum, with DVI. wouldn't get too worried. Just see what you can find thats cheap. Put that saved coin back into the build or into the monitor you want.

I'm looking at getting one of these soonish. This could be ok too.

If you want a 4k monitor, I think this would a good deal too. It is a TN panel but

Hello!

I've been trying to decide on a monitor for my planned rig and all the choices are making it tough! (For my PC: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/4Bgy8d )

I either have the option of just getting a cheaper monitor to get me by the next few months and getting something larger and better quality around late January, or getting something around the $250 AUD range and sticking with it for as long as I can, or until i save enough.

I'll be using it for mostly playing games and watching some movies. I don't play anything very competitively so I value a better image quality and better colours over the fastest response times. I'm only planning to have the one screen as well for the time being.

If I go with the first option I'd probably want something about 21" (under $130 AUD) and upgrading to something around the 27" range (not sure how much I'll have to spend by that point but I'd expect to want to pay under $600 AUD).

If I take the second option I did find an Acer 27" G276HLBQBID that is within my price range.

Are the screens from $400-$600 AUD a huge improvement on those under $250, justifying the costs? Or am I better off sticking with something like the Acer and waiting until I have a lot more to spend (or prices come down)?

What sorts of features provide a more enjoyable gaming experience for a non-competitive gamer? 

Hello!

I've been trying to decide on a monitor for my planned rig and all the choices are making it tough! (For my PC: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/4Bgy8d)

I either have the option of just getting a cheaper monitor to get me by the next few months and getting something larger and better quality around late January, or getting something around the $250 AUD range and sticking with it for as long as I can, or until i save enough.

I'll be using it for mostly playing games and watching some movies. I don't play anything very competitively so I value a better image quality and better colours over the fastest response times. I'm only planning to have the one screen as well for the time being.

If I go with the first option I'd probably want something about 21" (under $130 AUD) and upgrading to something around the 27" range (not sure how much I'll have to spend by that point but I'd expect to want to pay under $600 AUD).

If I take the second option I did find an Acer 27" G276HLBQBID that is within my price range.

Are the screens from $400-$600 AUD a huge improvement on those under $250, justifying the costs? Or am I better off sticking with something like the Acer and waiting until I have a lot more to spend (or prices come down)?

What sorts of features provide a more enjoyable gaming experience for a non-competitive gamer? 

Hey Bud, Your partpicker link is broken.

That aside, I'd just get a second hand monitor off Gumtree or whatever and save the cash to get a monitor that your happy with.

Follow your topic too mate, you may find you know you've got replies to it then Nvm

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Hey Bud, Your partpicker link is broken.

That aside, I'd just get a second hand monitor off Gumtree or whatever and save the cash to get a monitor that your happy with.

Follow your topic too mate, you may find you know you've got replies to it then Nvm

Ah ok, I'll check out Gumtree and see what I can find there! Any suggestions on key features I should be looking for to get the best image quality? Or possible models?

As its some to get you by in the mean time, 21-24 inch 1080p minimum, with DVI. wouldn't get too worried. Just see what you can find thats cheap. Put that saved coin back into the build or into the monitor you want.

If you want a 4k monitor, I think this would a good deal too. It is a TN panel but

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Oh wow they seem like great screens! Thanks for the help!

Oh wow they seem like great screens! Thanks for the help!

No probs Bud, any time!!