980 v. 780 Lightning

AMD Lover

I dont have a link because Im at work. It exists. Post it when I get home. I already disproved you about the 780 Ti and the 980 and you ignored those benchmarks. When I post these you will ignore those too.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_970_and_980_reference_review,12.html

The 970 is the power of a titan and the 980 at stock can hardly be touched by an overlcocked 780ti and those 980 are brutal overclockers (970 as well) they can do 1500mhz easily.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I dont have a link because Im at work. It exists. Post it when I get home. I already disproved you about the 780 Ti and the 980 and you ignored those benchmarks. When I post these you will ignore those too.

You proved nothing just talk.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_970_and_980_reference_review,12.html

The 970 is the power of a titan and the 980 at stock can hardly be touched by an overlcocked 780ti and those 980 are brutal overclockers (970 as well) they can do 1500mhz easily.

Youre comparing cards at stock clocks, again who cares about stock clocks.

it's better to do it that way cause those new maxwell gpus overclock so darn well that once overclocked nothing can even dream about coming close to them...oc3d had the 980 running at 1650mhz...just imagine that.

Those 900 series are the best overclocking GPU,s ever made...they can sustain a 35% + overclock on their core speed which is phenomenal.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Your the one making wild claims and not backing them up. How does that make me the troll ? Let see here http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_970_STRIX_OC/21.html

Im at work will post the benchmark when I get home. Again your comparing the cards at stock clocks who cares about stock clocks. Lmao.

970 OCs much better than 780ti. Stock for stock OC for OC apple to apples.

it's better to do it that way cause those new maxwell gpus overclock so darn well that once overclocked nothing can even dream about coming close to them...oc3d had the 980 running at 1650mhz...just imagine that.

Hes just a die hard 780 fan that doesn't want to let go of his favorite card. That's ok I understand.

Hes just a die hard 780 fan that doesn't want to let go of his favorite card. That's ok I understand.

it's hard to admit that a new top dog is born...even i got a pinch in the heart when i saw just how much better the new cards are ESPECIALLY if you consider how much overclocking headroom and low power consumption they have...nvidia has done the homework this time.

But i'm not sad cause once i SLI the GTX 780 that i got i will top them ALL :) MOUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Those 900 series are the best overclocking GPU,s ever made...they can sustain a 35% + overclock on their core speed which is phenomenal.

No they do it that way to make it look like Maxwell is faster than the 700 series. Which it is not. When both are at max oc's, the performance differences between the two diminishes entirely. The 780 or 780 Ti doesn't need to clock to 1400 or 1500 or 1600 to best the 980 or 970. It can do it at much lower clocks. 

970 OCs much better than 780ti. Stock for stock OC for OC apple to apples.

No. You're wrong but just won't admit it like every single time you are proven wrong (and probably will ignore these benchmarks too).

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-970-vs-GeForce-GTX-78

That's the 970 getting matched by and bested by a 780 GHz Ed. only boosting to 1059MHz while the 970 is boosting to 1220MHz.

Now let's go onto the 980.

1440P Heaven Benchmarks:

EVGA 980 SC, stock boosting to 1366MHz:

j0ejoh.png

EVGA 980 SC OCed to 1480 core / 7600 memory:

1222flx.png

GTX 780 Ti @ 1175 core / 6400 memory:

2yn2o8p.png

GTX 780 Ti @ 1294 core / 7000 memory:

2iswefq.jpg

an almost 1200 Core 780 Ti nearly matches an almost 1500 core 980. Once the 780 Ti gets to the 1300MHz range, it's bye bye Maxwell.

it's hard to admit that a new top dog is born...even i got a pinch in the heart when i saw just how much better the new cards are ESPECIALLY if you consider how much overclocking headroom and low power consumption they have...nvidia has done the homework this time.

But i'm not sad cause once i SLI the GTX 780 that i got i will top them ALL  :) MOUHAHAHAHAHAHA

What's hard to admit is when a company releases a new product and it is not that much better than the previous product. But you are so blinded by their marketing strategy that you cant even see what they are doing to make it seem like the newer card is faster. They are comparing the cards at stock clocks. Typical 700 series cards like the 780 and 780 Ti are at 800MHz base and boosting to 900MHz. These 900 series cards are boosting into the 1300MHz range stock non-reference. This is absurdley high. It is not an apples to apples comparison. They do this on purpose to make it seem like the 900 series performs that much better. As you can see by the above, a minor overclock on both the 780Ti or 780 match or beat the 980 or 970. When you start overclocking beyond the 1200MHz range with the 700 series, Maxwell is surpassed. It is really that simple. Anyone ignoring this fact is just being blinded by their own ignorance. 

snip tha shit!

Stroon the GTX 970 is on par with a TITAN which is faster than 780 wheter you like it or not EVERY benchmarks available proves this FACT...and this is at stock clock speed...if you factor in the never seen before overclocking headroom that the new maxwell gpu's have it's even worse the 970 competes with the 780ti and defeats it...a GTX 780 with his 2304 kepler cuda cores and 3 sm units disabled won't stan a chance against such a beastly gpu so come back to reality and face the fact like a grown man the GTX 970 is VASTLY superior in EVERY WAY to the GTX 780, it's also superior to a titan and match a much more expensive GTX 780ti WHILE comsuming A LOT LESS POWER...facts are facts, nvidia improved a lot with this generation of cards.

Newer GPU's will always have higher and higher clock speed it's just like CPU's... if you look back in 2006 we had 500mhz GPU now they are 1200mhz and they go as high as 1600mhz once overclocked and that makes them beasts that surpass there predecessor...and they are doing so while being more energy efficient...one day you will hold a 2000mhz GPU into your cell phone that will have the power of two titan blacks...that's just how it is.

Stroon the GTX 970 is on par with a TITAN which is faster than 780 wheter you like it or not EVERY benchmarks available proves this FACT...and this is at stock clock speed...if you factor in the never seen before overclocking headroom that the new maxwell gpu's have it's even worse the 970 competes with the 780ti and defeats it...a GTX 780 with his 2304 kepler cuda cores and 3 sm units disabled won't stan a chance against such a beastly gpu so come back to reality and face the fact like a grown man the GTX 970 is VASTLY superior in EVERY WAY to the GTX 780, it's also superior to a titan and match a much more expensive GTX 780ti WHILE comsuming A LOT LESS POWER...facts are facts, nvidia improved a lot with this generation of cards.

that guy has to be trolling !

that guy has to be trolling !

you should requote or edit i added stuff...making it clear.

you should requote or edit i added stuff...making it clear.

It's to complex for the troll .... he thinks GTX 780 is better cause it gets less frames in near enough all games but scores higher in one benchmark. Hate to see when drivers catch up and make the 970 massively outperform the 780 in his bench LOL.

Way to ignore all the benchmarks above you which disprove everything you say entirely. Why dont you be a man and look at the information presented to you. It makes you look more intelligent than completely ignoring facts and obviously expressing nothing but your opinions. lmao.

It's to complex for the troll .... he thinks GTX 780 is better cause it gets less frames in near enough all games but scores higher in one benchmark. Hate to see when drivers catch up and make the 970 massively outperform the 780 in his bench LOL.

Another ignorant one ignoring the 780 vs 970 benchmark where the 780 clearly beats the 970 in almost all games and benchmarks. Lmao. And you say Im trolling hahahhahahahahaha.

Way to ignore all the benchmarks above you which disprove everything you say entirely. Why dont you be a man and look at the information presented to you. It makes you look more intelligent than completely ignoring facts and obviously expressing nothing but your opinions. lmao.

So far you are the first and only troll to claim that the previous gen cards from nvidia was better and faster than the new maxwell architecture that run at 1500mhz all day long, and I would be ignoring informations? i think you sir is ignoring the fact that this new architecture is much more energy efficient and has much higher clock speed making 2000 maxwell cuda cores looks like 3000 kepler cuda cores...

Now...OF COURSE if you could have the 2880 kepler cores from the GTX 780ti running at 1500mhz it would most likely be faster or on par with a 980...yes..BUT it would consume A LOT more power and the 980 is doing it with a lot less cores...in real life you'll never be able to get a 780ti to run at anything more than 1300mhz in most cases anyway.

The new maxwell cores are faster and RUN FASTER AS WELL while consuming A LOT less energy LEAVING ROOM FOR A BIGGER GPU WITH MORE CUDA CORES ON IT...this is HOW maxwell is completely OUTPERFORMING the last gen GK110...the GM204 is superior to it with 30% less cores and faster clock speed while using less...the GM210 that will most likely be released soon on a ''titan'' similar enthousiast card (probably called ''Behemoth'' from what i've been able to get so far) will totaly outperform all these cards and will cost upward of 1000$...then will come the 980ti.

One fact you'll have to face for real though is that the GTX 970 is VASTLY superior to the GTX 780 in every way possible (better performance, much less power consumption: outperforming with much less cuda cores, much faster clock speed, new features, better prices) now i hope you realise some stuff.

Believe me it sucks i also bought a GTX 780 and it's feeling old now but don't cry cause it's still maxing out every games that are out and coming out on max details at 1080P.

So far you are the first and only troll to claim that the previous gen cards from nvidia was better and faster than the new maxwell architecture that run at 1500mhz all day long, and I would be ignoring informations? i think you sir is ignoring the fact that this new architecture is much more energy efficient and has much higher clock speed making 2000 maxwell cuda cores looks like 3000 kepler cuda cores...

Now...OF COURSE if you could have the 2880 kepler cores from the GTX 780ti running at 1500mhz it would most likely be faster or on par with a 980...yes..BUT it would consume A LOT more power and the 980 is doing it with a lot less cores...in real life you'll never be able to get a 780ti to run at anything more than 1300mhz in most cases anyway.

The new maxwell cores are faster and RUN FASTER AS WELL while consuming A LOT less energy LEAVING ROOM FOR A BIGGER GPU WITH MORE CUDA CORES ON IT...this is HOW maxwell is completely OUTPERFORMING the last gen GK110...the GM204 is superior to it with 30% less cores and faster clock speed while using less...the GM210 that will most likely be released soon on a ''titan'' similar enthousiast card (probably called ''Behemoth'' from what i've been able to get so far) will totaly outperform all these cards and will cost upward of 1000$...then will come the 980ti.

One fact you'll have to face for real though is that the GTX 970 is VASTLY superior to the GTX 780 in every way possible (better performance, much less power consumption: outperforming with much less cuda cores, much faster clock speed, new features, better prices) now i hope you realise some stuff.

Believe me it sucks i also bought a GTX 780 and it's feeling old now but don't cry cause it's still maxing out every games that are out and coming out on max details at 1080P.

You wrote all of that even though the benchmarks still disprove what you are saying. Look at the benchmarks or stop replying. Youre wasting my time now with this ignorant nonsense.

I also like how you cut out the benchmarks in your original reply. So slick there. LMAO

You wrote all of that even though the benchmarks still disprove what you are saying. Look at the benchmarks or stop replying. Youre wasting my time now with this ignorant nonsense.

i think you are starting to realise all the facts that you where denying and ignoring before troll

I posted the facts you choose to ignore them. Get over it. Keep spewing misinformation to dissuade people from the truth.

you sound like a guru and i think you are somewhat crazy so i'm done typing to you...have a good day ;)

I really don't know what benchmarks you are looking at but everything I see puts the 980 in front of the 780Ti. It isn't a large gap but it is still there. Lets see; Hexus.net Has numerous benchmarks at stock clocks and a few of overclocks. You say who cares about stock clocks, only overclocks matter. The stock clock results are more important than the overclocks for one simple reason: Every card overclocks differently. Running stock clocks lets you compare them directly, eliminating one cards ability to overclock better than another. Here is another review by OC3D, the conclusion there is that the GTX980 is as fast as the 780Ti if not slightly faster in some tests. 

As to the accuracy of this chart; it sure appears that the results for the GTX 970 is speculation. Right beneath the Headline is the date it was last updated, which is well before anyone could be releasing any benchmarks (September 2, 2014)

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-970-vs-GeForce-GTX-78

I don't know what anyone will say to change your mind (probably nothing can be said), but the 900 series is an improvement over the 700 series. It might be a very slight improvement, but it is still an improvement. IMO, the best part about these new cards aren't the slight improvements to the gameplay, but the massive improvement in energy efficiency. This will allow you to either run a smaller PSU or run more cards on the same PSU than you used to be able to. If you want to stick with your 780Ti, that's great, but don't try to mislead others. I should also add that you created this thread to compare the 980 to the 780/780Ti then the benchmark you initially linked above is comparing a 970 to a 780.

nevermind

snip!

Well said but now he will say you are ignoring the benchmarks...it's because he is lookin at benchmarks released a month ago and the cards launched this week.