need some help.

kassem

Someone is offering me 3 evga's gtx 580 hydrocopper ftw for a good price. But im worried about not beeing able to play with new games even in sli. For the fact thay they are only 1.5gb each. Should I buy them?

Depends on the pricing. A 2 way 580 sli performs similarly to a 780 Ti. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

what is a 'good price'

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

But what im worried about is that 1.5gb of memory. If it is a 3 way sli do they work all toghether of only 1 gtu delivers the memory?

But what im worried about is that 1.5gb of memory. If it is a 3 way sli do they work all toghether of only 1 gtu delivers the memory?

You should be worried, they are obsolete cards with obsolete amounts of VRAM for today's games. Do not buy these cards, waste of money. 

Even if three of them deliver a decent amount of performance, you will be bottlenecked by the VRAM in every single game today. Forcing you to seriously lower the graphical settings in games, making it pointless to have 3 of them in SLI since you wont be able to use a single ounce of the power to begin with.

Depends on the pricing. A 2 way 580 sli performs similarly to a 780 Ti. 

Not at all. SLI 670's perform similar to a single 780 Ti. A single 580 is about 25% slower than a 670. 

Not at all. SLI 670's perform similar to a single 780 Ti. A single 580 is about 25% slower than a 670. 

Ahh, my bad. Not sure how I made such a typo. I was thinking oc'ed 580's and for some odd reason added Ti at the end instead.

In dollars less than 300us. Thoughts?

It's not really worth it unless you really, really like how it looks. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.