Need your opinionson what ssd to get.

Woodypc

Ok have these SSDs to choose from and don't quite know. Have been looking at reviews for awhile now but still don't know.

Here is the list and price in NZD.

SAMSUNG 840 SERIES 120GB SATA3 SSD = $139.45

SANDISK ULTRA PLUS 128GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD = $139.45

SANDISK EXTREME 120GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD = $158.05

CRUCIAL M500 120GB 2.5" SATA3 6GB/S SSD = $167.35

Transcend SSD 320 2.5" 128GB SATA III = $145.00

A-Data XPG SX900 Solid State Drive, 128GB, SATA 6 Gb/s, 2.5 = $186.09 (Wild card had 5 year warranty)

I do not realy want to spend to much but here they are.

Thanks in advance.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

or the m500

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Why not check out OCZ Vertex III?

I have a 60gb Vertex III caching my 1tb HDD and it works like a dream! 

You have to take a look (if you already haven't) on the OCZ vertex 4...I have a vertex 3 for some years now and i wouldn't even think about changing the brand...well maybe if samsung gave them out a little lower priced..

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Why not check out OCZ Vertex III?

I have a 60gb Vertex III caching my 1tb HDD and it works like a dream! 

new vertex 4 has much more iobs why would he buy the last gen??

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Samsung 840, its a no brainer man. Its the cheapest, most reliable and with the best customer support, and also one of the fastest and closest to its projected speeds. People recommending the more expensive ones will just have a bias towards them, and no im no Samsung fan boy, although they do seem to be taking over the world with google.. 

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

new vertex 4 has much more iobs why would he buy the last gen??

I can not get that SSD in New Zealand :(

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

I bought the Vertex 4 for my new build just before the Samsung SSDs were released. Although the Vertex 4 is an absolutely excellent choice of SSD, the Samsung SSDs seem like the better choice overall. Cannot go wrong with a Samsung (although the Vertex 4 is pretty good. Not biased or anything... ;))

Corsair 300r Case with OCZ ZT 750W PSU | Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor | Asus P8Z77-V LGA1155 Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) | OCZ Vertex 4 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD | AMD Sapphire 7770 Vapor-X 1GB Video Card | 2 Acer S220HQL 22" monitors |
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | CM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3500dpi

Is there any good deals at places that will ship overseas?

Green Machine

Is there any good deals at places that will ship overseas?

Then you have to go SAMSUNG 840.. best choice!!you really don't have to look it up that much..and if the store is near by you have nothing to worry about.One question ..Does your motherboard support sata 3 (6GB's) for sure?

Then you have to go SAMSUNG 840.. best choice!!you really don't have to look it up that much..and if the store is near by you have nothing to worry about.One question ..Does your motherboard support sata 3 (6GB's) for sure?

It is a 990FX Sabertooth so yes.

Green Machine

OHO nice ;) ..with your eyes closed..you'll never regret it.....well until it fails :P

It is a 990FX Sabertooth so yes.

OHO nice ;) ..with your eyes closed..you'll never regret it.....well until it fails :P

What fails? The MB, nahh it bullet proof.

Green Machine

What fails? The MB, nahh it bullet proof.

as linus says: MY BAD :P

Personaly i own a Sandisk Extreme 120GB and its perfectly fine for a boot or mass storage drive. Its really fast and its fairly cheap. If not get a Samsung 840 or 840 Pro.

Also where are you finding the price on the sandisk drive you can find it for 109$ on NCIX.

I love my 840 250GB, but in the 120MB version I believe the write speed on the non-pro version is pretty crappy compared to the MLC drives in the price range.

Something to consider.

Samsung 840 without a doubt, Samsung has the best SSDs on the market. My 120GB 840 has never had a hickup and I've seen virtually nothing about trouble with Samsung drives, perhaps three or four threads spread across several different forums.

Personaly i own a Sandisk Extreme 120GB and its perfectly fine for a boot or mass storage drive. Its really fast and its fairly cheap. If not get a Samsung 840 or 840 Pro.

Also where are you finding the price on the sandisk drive you can find it for 109$ on NCIX.

Not to be mean or anything but does no one read where people are from it is right underneath people picture, even have NZD in the OP. I know I do but other must not. Anyway the prices are from New Zealand.

Green Machine

Not to be mean or anything but does no one read where people are from it is right underneath people picture, even have NZD in the OP. I know I do but other must not. Anyway the prices are from New Zealand.

I am moving right now so when i sit down to use my PC its not for long i don't have time to read where people are from and stuff like that.

I am moving right now so when i sit down to use my PC its not for long i don't have time to read where people are from and stuff like that.

OK but it takes 1 second to look 1 inch to the right, but its not just you it seams to be a lot, so dont worry its all good.

Green Machine

OK but it takes 1 second to look 1 inch to the right, but its not just you it seams to be a lot, so dont worry its all good.

I'm just saying its not something I considered looking at.

I'm just saying its not something I considered looking at.

OK it must just be I like to be informed :)

Green Machine

840 pro master race here. Haven't had a single problem with my 120gb 840 pro. Works like a charm.