Would Audioengine A2+ work with my subwoofer?

Alawi3d
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

i will buy Audioengine A2+ but since i already have a subwoofer that came with Z523 ..can i plug A2+ with it ? using Aux input ? 

if not is there any possibility to make A2+ work with Logitech Z523 subwoofer ? 

There is a way but it will require modding. Using them at the same time out of the box will force you to use one of the Z523 speakers in order to power on the subwoofer and control volume.

If you want to use the A2+'s with only the subwoofer of the Z523, you'll need to take apart the speaker with volume control and disconnect the speaker(s) inside.

Hey guys

I bought Logitech Z523 speakers for starter as i just recently build up my rig and now i'm thinking of buying HyperX Cloud along with DAC (maybe Audioengine D1) 

and in near future i will buy Audioengine A2+ but since i already have a subwoofer that came with Z523 ..can i plug A2+ with it ? using Aux input ? 

and will my DAC Audioengine D1 be any help in this situation ?

|Case: Fractal Desgin Define R4 |CPU: Intel i5-4670k @ 4.2GHz |GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Classifide |RAM: 8GB Vengence @ 1.6GHz 

|Storage: 60GB Kingstone V300 SSD, 500GB Samsung EVO 840, 3TB WD Green HDD |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z87 |PSU: Be Quiet 650W

i will buy Audioengine A2+ but since i already have a subwoofer that came with Z523 ..can i plug A2+ with it ? using Aux input ? 

There is a way but it will require modding. Using them at the same time out of the box will force you to use one of the Z523 speakers in order to power on the subwoofer and control volume.

If you want to use the A2+'s with only the subwoofer of the Z523, you'll need to take apart the speaker with volume control and disconnect the speaker(s) inside.

"Rawr XD"

Hey guys

I bought Logitech Z523 speakers for starter as i just recently build up my rig and now i'm thinking of buying HyperX Cloud along with DAC (maybe Audioengine D1)

and in near future i will buy Audioengine A2+ but since i already have a subwoofer that came with Z523 ..can i plug A2+ with it ? using Aux input ?

and will my DAC Audioengine D1 be any help in this situation ?

If the sub uses only a line connection and th if either the d1 or A2+ have a line out then it might work. Just a warning though, the DAC won't do much for those headphones since they are not that good for the price to begin with,in most cases a headphone + mic combo will beat a headset
CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

If the sub uses only a line connection and th if either the d1 or A2+ have a line out then it might work. Just a warning though, the DAC won't do much for those headphones since they are not that good for the price to begin with,in most cases a headphone + mic combo will beat a headset

cool so there is hope for me to set A2+ along with my subwoofer :D ...well i'm buying DAC so that i could get the most of output for my headset as my motherboard (sabertooth z87) doesn't have audio amplifier in it .. either getting HyperX Cloud+DAC or just getting any good headphone without amp to amplify (which is no go for me) 

hmm it's worth trying since i don't want to spend $200+ on subwoofer =__="

as long there is a hope i'm ready to try it :)

really thanks for replying guys :D

|Case: Fractal Desgin Define R4 |CPU: Intel i5-4670k @ 4.2GHz |GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Classifide |RAM: 8GB Vengence @ 1.6GHz 

|Storage: 60GB Kingstone V300 SSD, 500GB Samsung EVO 840, 3TB WD Green HDD |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z87 |PSU: Be Quiet 650W

cool so there is hope for me to set A2+ along with my subwoofer :D ...well i'm buying DAC so that i could get the most of output for my headset as my motherboard (sabertooth z87) doesn't have audio amplifier in it .. either getting HyperX Cloud+DAC or just getting any good headphone without amp to amplify (which is no go for me) 

hmm it's worth trying since i don't want to spend $200+ on subwoofer =__="

as long there is a hope i'm ready to try it :)

really thanks for replying guys :D

Yeah no prob, but for a headset you really do not need an amplifier, the on board audio is usually loud enough for people, my realtex on board card is loud enough to power even my 250 ohm headphones. I do not quite understand what you mean by just a set of headphones in a no go, would you please care to elaborate? thanks!

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

† TTCF Member †

Yeah no prob, but for a headset you really do not need an amplifier, the on board audio is usually loud enough for people, my realtex on board card is loud enough to power even my 250 ohm headphones. I do not quite understand what you mean by just a set of headphones in a no go, would you please care to elaborate? thanks!

well on my old laptop i had a good headphone that i lost :'( Sony V55 i loved it for everything from gaming to musics (even thou it's not the most comfortable to wear if you are wearing glasses :/ ) ..so one day i saw my friend who got the same headphone but he plugged it with Fiio E10K and i tried it believe me to me it made a HUGE! difference i started to hear things in musics and movies that i haven't heard before that's why if i'm going to buy a headphone i have to buy it with DAC which is too much for my current budget so for now i will stick with hyperx cloud+DAC then after i get A2+ by then i will try and get a sweet headphone :D

well on my old laptop i had a good headphone that i lost :'( Sony V55 i loved it for everything from gaming to musics (even thou it's not the most comfortable to wear if you are wearing glasses :/ ) ..so one day i saw my friend who got the same headphone but he plugged it with Fiio E10K and i tried it believe me to me it made a HUGE! difference i started to hear things in musics and movies that i haven't heard before that's why if i'm going to buy a headphone i have to buy it with DAC which is too much for my current budget so for now i will stick with hyperx cloud+DAC then after i get A2+ by then i will try and get a sweet headphone :D

Ok, well if you have tried it and you can tell that it sounds better then I guess a dac would be good, but you can still get a good set of headphones for $80

† TTCF Member †

Ok, well if you have tried it and you can tell that it sounds better then I guess a dac would be good, but you can still get a good set of headphones for $80

most those headphones that are for $80 which i have looked for either they have crappy build and ugly in design or they don't have good sound stage or boomy bass but if you know some which i maybe missed please enlighten me

most those headphones that are for $80 which i have looked for either they have crappy build and ugly in design or they don't have good sound stage or boomy bass but if you know some which i maybe missed please enlighten me

This should be able to fit your tastes :):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=7891LNXN9BDH&coliid=I1BCK6U0R47XLZ&psc=1

† TTCF Member †