8gb vs 16gb Ram

krep

Just wondering what people were thinking these days. 8gb vs 16gb Ram im thinking of building a new PC in the next couple of months. It will mainly be gaming and maybe might get back into some streaming. If not streaming ill probably stick with i5 but might go with the i7.

I have noticed recently with my 8gb some of the newer games are chewing a lot of it up.

Just wondering what people were thinking these days. 8gb vs 16gb Ram im thinking of building a new PC in the next couple of months. It will mainly be gaming and maybe might get back into some streaming. If not streaming ill probably stick with i5 but might go with the i7.

I have noticed recently with my 8gb some of the newer games are chewing a lot of it up.

Welcome to the forum! Please remember to follow your topics so you're notified when someone answers ;) in my sig you can find links to the CoC and the forum's F.A.Q. check them out!

8gb are more than enough for any game out right now. Get 2 4gb sticks and in case you really need more, add on two more :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Here's the simple version:

8GB - gaming

16GB - productivity (lots of adobe, 3D rendering, video editing)

i5 - gaming

i7 - productivity

8gb vs 16gb

I really wish people would stop doing that.

The symbol for a gigabyte is GB.

oh for crying out loud.

I really wish there weren't people with OCD but life's tough.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I have 32 gigabytes of memory and I have never see utilization over 6 gigabytes during gaming.

NEVER.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

OCD

For crying out loud, 'b' stands for 'bit' which is a widely used unit of information that doesn't differ from a byte by so much as a single order of magnitude.

It's like choosing to call yards 'feet' because it saves you the effort of pressing 1 more key while typing out the name and then rolling your eyes whenever people point out that that's a bad idea.

For crying out loud, 'b' stands for 'bit' which is a widely used unit of information that doesn't differ from a byte by so much as a single order of magnitude.

It's like choosing to call yards 'feet' because it saves you the effort of pressing 1 more key while typing out the name and then rolling your eyes whenever people point out that that's a bad idea.

except we all know he's saying gb as advertised by ALLLLL MEMORY MANUFACTURERS

except we all know he's saying gb as advertised by ALLLLL MEMORY MANUFACTURERS

And we could have understood him if he hadn't capitalized any letters or used any punctuation.

But he chose to bother doing that because otherwise his post would have been sloppy and unpleasant to read.

No Use Gb

It's better than GB or gb.

Because he had a hard drive.

8GB is fine it'll cover Skype(or any other VOIP) Streaming(or recording) ANY game(w/o mods at least cause some mods are retarded and just drain RAM) with enough left over for a few tabs of Chrome(or anyother web browser)
The i5 is great for games as most games only take 1-4 cores(Crysis 3 is only one that uses 8 and BF I believe uses 4 but uses more with Mantle) but personally if you have the extra cash an i7's extra threads could help with the tasks listed above without hindering performance...

oh for crying out loud.

I really wish there weren't people with OCD but life's tough.

You say that but your profile pictures of Nikola Tesla (I believe correct me if I'm wrong) who had terrible terrible OCD

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Well I'd say 8GB is great for gaming, but if you want to have things like movies or internet browser going on in the background then you may want to bump it up to 16GB....