Crysis 3 awful FPS...

Aogle2

Hey, when I play Crysis 3 on some levels I get very low fps even on low to medium settings, I just don't know if its my components or drivers or the game.

post-17044-0-07185500-1370064025_thumb.j

And yes I know that above is high settings, I'm not stupid  :)

Intel Core i3 2100

ASRock Z68 Extream 3 gen3

8GB DDR3 1600 Ram from patriot

EVGA geforce GTX 560 SSC DS

1TB WD HDD

Ak-680 watt PSU

Hardware is the problem. Crysis 3 is the best looking and second most demanding game out there on the PC market. This Game IS optimized for AMD cards so they do a bit better

(I still prefer Nvidia).

Now the problem I see here is that this part of the game as an enormous draw distance (you can't fix this) so alot is being rendered at once, tanking your FPS.

Crysis 3 is multi-threaded so a CPU with more cores and/or clockspeed (a newer architecture i5, i7 or amd FX 3850) would improve frames but you really need a better GPU.

as for you i3 i don't know if it will bottleneck the cards i'm going to recommend

The 500 (Firmi) series is nutorius for not having nearly as many texels (significantly hitting fps if you have high res textures and/or AF on) being mapped compared to a Kepler based card

(600 or 700 sires) so I would recommend a 670, 660ti, or a 770 or 760ti (when they release) or the AMD Readion Equivalent.

I suggest making a mid-high range build rather than a lower-mid once when you have accumulated some funds. Haswell CPU's and the rest of the 700series will be releasing in the next few days/months and they will be around the same price points as the previous ones do, it will last longer when it comes to playing the latest games on the highest settings.

Remember even if you crank all the settings down on Crysis 3 it literally still looks better than console.

Corsair 550D / i5-4690k @4.6GHz / Asus Maximus VII Hero / Asus GTX 980 Strix @1.6Ghz / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8G (2x4096) 2400MHz / Corsair HX 850w / Corsair Neutron GTX 120g SSD / Segate 2TB + 8g Hybrid

I can't say whether your core i3 would be a bottleneck with GPU upgrade.  However, it wouldn't hurt to address the GPU first.  You'll definitely see a boost in FPS.  Also, you can always move it to your next platform if you need to bump up your CPU.  I run a Radeon 7970 and love it, especially at the price I paid, $390.00.  Great FPS in Crysis 3.  Your PSU can handle it too.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

>Intel Core i3 2100 (Buy a i5 or i7)

>EVGA geforce GTX 560 SSC DS (Crysis 3 originally developed for AMD)(Get 7970 or 7870 XT)

As stated above, either upgrade your hardware or tone down your graphics settings. :)

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

As stated above, either upgrade your hardware or tone down your graphics settings. :)

I can understand the upgrade my hardware, but I don't understand "tone down your graphics settings." That's like telling me just to go buy a console.

I can understand the upgrade my hardware, but I don't understand "tone down your graphics settings." That's like telling me just to go buy a console.

Even on low settings, the pc version still looks better than the console version. So no he's not telling to buy a console, just giving you a solution if you're broke :P

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

You can try lowering the resolution, or you can

1) Open Nvidias control panel,

2) go to ''Adjust image settings with preview'' and

3) use ''performance'' under ''use my preference emphasizing'' 

4) try tweaking the settings under ''manage 3d settings'' as well.

I have'nt tried these, but they should help I guess. Personally, I just dealt with it. In the few missions in the beginning, this is a real pain but the average frames per second does increase later on, making it quite playable to me.

PC in Profile

Okay so I'm just putting everything at lowest quality until I can get an upgrade. But what GPU is best without killing my pocket and is better than a 560?

Even the premium cards can struggle to get high FPS in Crysis.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I have a I7 and in Crysis 3 I reached points where all 4 cores were over 80% usage. So for this game I would say maybe your CPU is bottlenecking you. What is your usage when playing the game? HWinfo 64 can help with that as an min/max and an on screen display of your cores.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Okay so I'm just putting everything at lowest quality until I can get an upgrade. But what GPU is best without killing my pocket and is better than a 560?

What is your budget?  Different price points determine which card to go with, particularly which vendor.

This monthly article at Tom's is a good guide for determining which GPU to go with: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

$250 - R7870

$300 - R7950

$360 - GTX 670

$400 - R7970

Anything above $400 nowadays is usually a waste unless you're running triple screens at 2560 x 1440 per screen.  Not mentioned in the article is the GTX 770 which I think is around the $430.00 price range.  Then again its really not much more than a GTX 680 at a lower price point.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

I have a I7 and in Crysis 3 I reached points where all 4 cores were over 80% usage. So for this game I would say maybe your CPU is bottlenecking you. What is your usage when playing the game? HWinfo 64 can help with that as an min/max and an on screen display of your cores.

What cpu do think I would need? I want to OC, but I don't know if I Ivy would be a good OC'er as Sandy. I found this one.... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504

What is your budget?  Different price points determine which card to go with, particularly which vendor.

This monthly article at Tom's is a good guide for determining which GPU to go with: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

$250 - R7870

$300 - R7950

$360 - GTX 670

$400 - R7970

Anything above $400 nowadays is usually a waste unless you're running triple screens at 2560 x 1440 per screen.  Not mentioned in the article is the GTX 770 which I think is around the $430.00 price range.  Then again its really not much more than a GTX 680 at a lower price point.

I'm driftin over to the 7870

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125418

When I click on that link it takes me to the Canadian Newegg store so i'm not sure what it is. Either sandy or ivy brige. 2500k or 3570k is what I would go with. Really any i5 processor that is a K version so it can be easily overclocked. If you are needing a new mobo you could look at a amd 8320. 8 modules so good multi thread performance. But the single thread performance isn't near what an intel can do so if you have older games it might not perform the best but I would guess still good enough for 60fps.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

The 3570k would be a perfect upgrade for you sir..And with a 7870 and you will be much better..

I would get the AMD FX 8350 and a 7870 XT.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I think those FPS rates are just normal for your specs... Crysis 3 is a very demanding game after all...

>Intel Core i3 2100 (Buy a i5 or i7)

>EVGA geforce GTX 560 SSC DS (Crysis 3 originally developed for AMD)(Get 7970 or 7870 XT)

Now don't state the obvious.

Keep the 560 until after you upgrade your CPU. That's your worst part.

I have a GTX 470 (equal to 650Ti Boost and 560Ti or slightly better, which again is slightly better than 560) and it tackles Crysis 3 fairly well in companionship with a 3570K.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Keep the 560 until after you upgrade your CPU. That's your worst part.

I have a GTX 470 (equal to 650Ti Boost and 560Ti or slightly better, which again is slightly better than 560) and it tackles Crysis 3 fairly well in companionship with a 3570K.

what rez do you normally play at? Mines  1366x768 on HDMI