K70 RGB Keyboard Problem

mitchav66

Hey guys, first post here.

Anyways I got the k70 rgb about a week ago when it released, but since noticed that my right arrow key no longer does anything. I have tried unplugging and also reupdating and what not with no success. Actually as I am typing this I just found out that my apostrophe and question mark do not work either. Has anyone been having this issues with their rgbs. (I would put a question mark at the end of that last sentence but i cant lol). If you have, what did you do to fix it.

I don't think that is a software/firmware problem. Pull the key cap off and see if anything is wrong. You should probably RMA it. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Mechanical keyboards have a reasonably high failure rate compared to some other peripherals. With the K70s it's usually the LEDs that pack in, rather than the key switches, but it's not unheard of. As Jodo said, check the physical switches and keys to make sure it's not something obvious like dirt or grease, but otherwise it's an RMA job.

Unless Corsair have updated their terms (please god they have) you'll be RMAing it at your own postage expense too. And whilst I love Corsair, honestly guys I do, that was (is) a ridiculous policy decision. If this is still the policy, try to get a prepaid label out of them before you cough up for shipping, and if they won't do that try to get an offer of refund for postage if they find a manufacturing/supply fault.

This is actually unbelievable. The dash and left bracket do not work either when they were working just fine yesterday. They spent all that extra time trying to make sure the LEDs wont fail when its the actual keys that are failing for me. I really do find it hard to believe that these keys all failed over night.

Yeah, I say RMA it. Can't really go wrong there.

"Never trust the authenticity of a quote on the internet."

-Abraham Lincoln 

Dont think that is an issue with the switches, sounds more like a failure of the circuit board.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

I had an issue like this with the numberpad 5 key. It stopped working, but what I did was go into the software, bind the numpad 5 to numbar 5, then unbound it, and it worked. I don't know what happened, but maybe you could do the same.

Why do you need software for a keyboard? I am just curious - because I am not sure that I have ever done that.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Why do you need software for a keyboard? I am just curious - because I am not sure that I have ever done that.

There is a program to control the lighting modes / rebinding keys.

"Never trust the authenticity of a quote on the internet."

-Abraham Lincoln