70 degrees Celsius and bad fps help

Is this a bad temp for a r9 280. Also everything seems to be running fine and yet i dont think i am getting the fps numbers that i should be. Also i just opened firestrike and right when i did both my monitors came up saying that i had no connection and so i had to restart my pc.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

70 isn't bad, 85 is where you should start to worry. 

maybe be a driver issue?

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

maybe be a driver issue?

I dont know, i would like to think not since i spent 3 hours when i first got the card trying to get the drivers working properly. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Around 70C is okay, you should only worry about temps when their in the upper 80C and higher

70 isn't bad, 85 is where you should start to worry. 

Ok good to know, 70 just seemed a bit higher than what most other people were getting on a different forum that i looked at. 

70 for an AMD card is fine, it sounds like you have a faulty connection or a driver issue try updating / re installing the drivers 

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Are you kidding me guys? Anything above 60C is bad

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Are you kidding me guys? Anything above 60C is bad

60C on FX CPUs is bad you absolute sausage. 

For GPUs up to 85C is fine. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

60C on FX CPUs is bad you absolute sausage. 

For GPUs up to 85C is fine. 

Sausage? liked for that.

70 for an AMD card is fine, it sounds like you have a faulty connection or a driver issue try updating / re installing the drivers 

How could i tell if it was a faulty connection, thanks for the help.