New Core 18 WUs?

you can't really cherry pick wu's in any way, shape or form.

Most you can do is to enable/disable advanced and beta flag.

i'm not familiar with those wu's so i don't know if they are 

running slower on your computer compared to others.

But i don't think it's a big issue if you are running everything

else fine.

It might just have been a bad wu.

OK, thx!

I just member that i had to do something to my client in begining of my folding days to get 0x17 (i runned HD7970 on that point). And so i was thinking it gos both ways.

well i have seen 3 of these 15hour WU's now and all of them have finished fine just slowly.

Too bad for those who would like to run them as there is only so much of them rigth? I member last year or beging of this year, we lack of WU's(at least on server that my client get's them)

how good would a gtx 780 at 1254 mhz core and 6.8 ghz ram be for folding as i am new and want to learn

My Lightning was achieving between 150-185,000 PPD with its stock frequency. The PPD would depend on the WU.

Yours clocked at 1,254MHz I would have thought it could nudge 200,000 PPD if you get the right WU.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Download the FAH client from their website, it pretty much auto sets itself up.

Make yourself an ID + passkey and fold for the LTT team :)

I can get ~150K PPD out of my 7950 so you should get more from a 290.

My GPU is still on the Core 17 WU, maybe 18 is something nvidia specific?

Just looked at the info and Core 18's are Windows + NVIDIA only.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

17 < 18

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

hows ur 4P doing btw ? 

it's hanging in there :P

Currently searching for a boinc project

to replace folding.

I just updated to new nVidia driver 347.09 (WHQL)

And just after installing that and restarting my sytem, i was wellcomed with new 0x18 project (atleast to me) 9112.

I hope i this dosent mean that everytime i restart my system i have to start over GPU projects and i just was lucky to finish one rigth at the time of locking out.

Anyways with this project it runs about 5k faster then other 0x18 ones, that i have seen :)

gallery_15101_2213_206248.jpg

Hey everyone, thanks in advance as I'm fairly new to folding. So, I have a brand new reference model GTX 980 and the latest Nvidia driver ( 347.09 ) and I am seeing ppd of nearly an order of magnitude lower than those posted by others. Right now it shows about 12k ppd on the 980. It is running 0x18 core and project no. 9107. I have seen others hitting 300k ppd per 980 and I am no where near this. Anything I should check or look for, or are these normal numbers and nothing to concern me?  

Hey everyone, thanks in advance as I'm fairly new to folding. So, I have a brand new reference model GTX 980 and the latest Nvidia driver ( 347.09 ) and I am seeing ppd of nearly an order of magnitude lower than those posted by others. Right now it shows about 12k ppd on the 980. It is running 0x18 core and project no. 9107. I have seen others hitting 300k ppd per 980 and I am no where near this. Anything I should check or look for, or are these normal numbers and nothing to concern me?  

First and fore most you need to get a passkey to qualify for QRB points.

You can read about that here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/207857-for-folding-users-tips-tricks-and-faq-updated-aug-2014/

Also check the load on the gpu, if it's as high as it should be and stable.

I don't have personal experience with this, but as reported by others

core 18 wu's doesn't seem to cooperate very well with maxwell, that

in combination with not having a passkey might be the cause of the

low ppd. But it sounds like something else is afoot. On a core 17

project with a passkey and everything setup properly, you should 

see around 300k. Otherwise your ppd will vary with different wu's

and other variables.  

You should make a separate topic, including a screenshot of the

advanced client with the gpu slot selected might  prove useful.  

what's a WU?

>tfw no princessan 

my rig : Intel Xeon 1246-v3 , asus z97 sabertooth mark 1 , 16gb hyperx fury , 1tb wd black , 240gb hyperx 3k ssd , corsair 650w RM psu , hyper 212 evo , gtx 970 ,

and a cat