PSU broken! :(

Hey guys! So I'm gaming on my PC when my power supply makes a popping noise and shuts off completely... After I stopped crying I tried to figure out what had just happened and I think it might be a fuse on the power supply... I have tried: different sockets, different leads, a different psu on the same PC (which worked).... It's as though it just kinda died...

Thanks

Sounds like it's gone man, time for a new one, if you need help in choosing just ask or make a thread :)

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

RIP psu

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

It was probably the capacitors popping or basically dieing. Out of interest, what PSU did you have?

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

And it's relative age.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Rip PSU :(

Don't try to repair it though. Doing so could result in serious injury or death.

Seriously, DONT

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Yeah, I thought it had died... It's a corsair cx600 being replaced with a cx750m... When I bought the psu - my PC wasn't quite as beefy as it is now... Thanks for the help guys! xD