thermals?

Kodey116

so i have a laptop and i know how to take it apart fuck the warrenty anymore. i just bought  atric silver mx2 and some stuff to remove thermal paste my question will this help(i running that hot stuff the red stuff the amd mobile stuff.) i hae very little of a clue how i will even get the stock paste off to be honest 

computer is a hp envy 15 with amd daul graphics.

Yes. I remember some guy here on LTT repasted his Sony Vaio and he said he got much better temps.

Just clean it off like usual. Microfiber cloth and 70% (as high as possible) isopropyl alcohol. And just repaste.

How about you try it? You might as well open it, you don't care about warranty anymore.

you could do this, 

However I don't think it will improve temps by more than a few degrees, not really worth it in my opinion.

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Yes. I remember some guy here on LTT repasted his Sony Vaio and he said he got much better temps.

Just clean it off like usual. Microfiber cloth and 70% (as high as possible) isopropyl alcohol. And just repaste.

How about you try it? You might as well open it, you don't care about warranty anymore.

Just take it apart, unscrew the heatsink and wipe off the old paste with isopropyl alcohol.

i already have orderd some cleaner from artic ? i have no idea what its for it sa 2 step thing one takes away the paste and the other is a polisher i guess? my worry is i saw the paste was smotherd paste the heatsink part on the chip is that safe to remove?

you could do this, 

However I don't think it will improve temps by more than a few degrees, not really worth it in my opinion.

i run amd anything to help cool it is worth it i hit 90c alot before ...

i already have orderd some cleaner from artic ? i have no idea what its for it sa 2 step thing one takes away the paste and the other is a polisher i guess? my worry is i saw the paste was smotherd paste the heatsink part on the chip is that safe to remove?

You don't need thermal paste remover, that's specialty stuff that's overpriced when you can use isopropyl alcohol way cheaper to do the same thing. Just take some toilet paper and the remover and wipe down the heatsink and CPU until clean.

You don't need thermal paste remover, that's specialty stuff that's overpriced when you can use isopropyl alcohol way cheaper to do the same thing. Just take some toilet paper and the remover and wipe down the heatsink and CPU until clean.

well to late i already bough tit it was like 7 bucks which i dont really care for either way just seemed like a good idea as im proabbaly going to do this two my school computer to.  but am i right in assuming that the paste will come off the green pcb of the chip ?

well to late i already bough tit it was like 7 bucks which i dont really care for either way just seemed like a good idea as im proabbaly going to do this two my school computer to.  but am i right in assuming that the paste will come off the green pcb of the chip ?

Yup, just don't force or damage it.

Yup, just don't force or damage it.

NO FORCING IVE DONE THAT TO MANY TIMES FOR OLD HEATSINKS ...