H100i fan explosion

Every time I power on my PC it sounds like my radiator fans are scrambling the fighters.  

Any way to keep them quiet?

Is this a motherboard thing possibly? Or is this corsair link?  The fans are connected to the fan splitter on the pump unit of my h100i.  I'm using the stock h100i fans, which are acceptably quiet except for their startup debauchery.

thanks in advance.

to clarify: its only explosively loud for about 10-15 seconds on startup, which is annoying.  They're reasonably quiet at all other times.  I'm a snob about my noise levels.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

awe I thought this was something exciting...

go into the bio and set the fans to quiet preset. It will always sound like that till the bio kicks on.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I don't know if there is a way to stop it but it shouldn't be that annoying. They'll run at close to full speed for like 3 seconds and then go quiet. Are your fans screwed in tight all the way? No vibrations?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

awe I thought this was something exciting...

go into the bio and set the fans to quiet preset. It will always sound like that till the bio kicks on.

will this affect the settings put in place by link?

I don't know if there is a way to stop it but it shouldn't be that annoying. They'll run at close to full speed for like 3 seconds and then go quiet. Are your fans screwed in tight all the way? No vibrations?

Yeah its totally fine afterwards, I just figured if i have the opportunity to rid myself of the slight nuisance, why wouldnt it?

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Run the fans on fan speed reduces or 7V adapters.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Yes. The BIOS has for example "Quiet", so the fans spin slower, and Corsair LINK will only control what is left.

I have no idea but you can't stop the fans from going 100% right when you turn the computer on... it only lasts like 3 seconds anyways.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

did you check that one of the fans cables didn't droop down into the passageway of the fan

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

if you mean they just get loud at startup then go back to normal I wouldn't worry much about it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

did you check that one of the fans cables didn't droop down into the passageway of the fan

its only at startup, if this was the case the noise would be consistent.

I tried the quiet mode and it still happens, it probably just  goes full speed until the bios sets the fanspeeds. 

I might just take @Stefano 's advice and get a 7v adapter to force them to be quieter.

I might just take @Stefano 's advice and get a 7v adapter to force them to be quieter.

Yeah, i'm running my H100i with dual Air Penetrators running at 5V...

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

the stock h100i fans just run super loud thats just the sad fact

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi