Upgrade to 1440p with my build?

So I recently built my first computer, however I did not buy a new monitor. I am currently using an LG Flatron w2340vg, I have no complaints about it and it is 1080p. As I am beginning to realize the amount of power this computer has though I am wondering if I am wasting some potential by only using a 1080 monitor vs 1440. I wouldn't really want to spend a lot on an upgrade either, but what are some thoughts on the necessity of upgrading?

-J.T.

yes! go with a 1440p you could power 2 1440p's with a GTX780 (only gaming on one though)

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Do it, you have enough performance.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Yeah you may aswell get a 1440p monitor, you have the power and it is a big upgrade

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

yes! go with a 1440p you could power 2 1440p's with a GTX780 (only gaming on one though)

Is there any 1440 monitors you would recommend? 

-J.T.

The Korean ones are the best for the price

Budget?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator