Emergency Help Needed!

My friends PC today, decided it would randomly shut down for no apparent reason. It has been working for months and is very strange. It at first made no loud noise to point at a CPU heat shutdown and was very random. Also when it tried to reboot it posted, got onto windows then for no reason restarted and then continued to keep shutting down throughout the day. At last the PC seemed to be fine, then it happened again. One of the fans from his system went absolutely ape-shiz and did not even project an image onto the monitor.

Things we have tested:

There is no apparent virus after several scans.

There have been no hardware nor software changes since the PC has started doing this.

We have checked for loose RAM.

The system seems to be adequately cool.

Finally, we checked the parts for loose cables and such but still found no error (Power supply 2 years old, power supply 2 years old, CPU & motherboard 2 months old.)

Thanks in advance,

Tom. 

Clear the cmon some wrong oc setting can cause a lot of problems

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Reasons for rebooting:

1: psu gone bad

2: overeheat problems? thermal paste change, clean the case ect (your system is "adequately" cool but you should check them out)

3: a similar thing happend to me with an overheating gpu (when entering windows)

have you checked temps with a program like hwmonitor?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I did mention all of these things, they are all fine. Any other ideas?

@BlueBeachMonster

List the specs, it might help a bit to know what is under the hood.

I'm the guy who has the fucked PC, somehow i managed to get it to boot ;-; idek. It will go of on one in a bit :P My specs are : CPU AMD FX 6300  : GPU AMD Asus 6670 1GB GDDR5  Motherboard : AMD 760-P23FX  HDD : Sata II 5400RPM RAM : 4GB 1333mhz PSU : Coolermaster elite 500w 70% eff

I'm the guy who has the fucked PC, somehow i managed to get it to boot ;-; idek. It will go of on one in a bit :P My specs are : CPU AMD FX 6300 : GPU AMD Asus 6670 1GB GDDR5 Motherboard : AMD 760-P23FX HDD : Sata II 5400RPM RAM : 4GB 1333mhz PSU : Coolermaster elite 500w 70% eff

The GPU might just be in the process of dying. It is the GPU, MB or the PSU. Have you done anything to the PC lately? Try taking the GPU out and try to boot, if you have a spare graphics card.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

check the power supply as well as if you dropped a screw in the case and its shorting something. DO NOT KEEP TRYING TO TURN IT ON UNTIL YOU'VE CHECKED FOR SHORTS AS THIS CAN KILL THE PC AND BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN