push/pull config with two different fan brands?

Sprett6
Go to solution Solved by SuperPug,

Only use the two Noctuas in a pull configuration for easier cleaning. Don't put two different fans on either side of the same cooler they are very likely gonna have different Air Flow and Static Pressure characteristics... 

i recently bought a Corsair H105 liquid cooler. and was going to use 4 noctua NF-F12 fans, two brown in the top where they are not visible and two black ones where they are visible. I'm doing (my first) red themed build, so the Corsair SP120 fans would fit better in with the red rings.

This might be a dumb question but is the performance worse if i use corsair fans to push and noctua fans to pull air?

Side question: Is it possible to daisy chain the noctua splitter cables that comes with the fans to set 4 fans on the CPU fan connector? or do i have to plug the other two somewhere else?

It honestly wont matter.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

4 fans on a single connector is too much and beside is not worth a push/pull just push or pull cuz is the same performance(when using good fans)

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

4 fans on a single connector is too much and beside is not worth a push/pull just push or pull cuz is the same performance(when using good fans)

so only 2 new noctua fans then?

so only 2 new noctua fans then?

Yep

if you don't trust my word you can trust linus

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Only use the two Noctuas in a pull configuration for easier cleaning. Don't put two different fans on either side of the same cooler they are very likely gonna have different Air Flow and Static Pressure characteristics... 

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W