Can't get PC out of sleep mode on WIN 8.1

Sprett6

ok so when i set my pc to sleep mode it wont come back on, when i press the enter button or start button on my pc the keyboard and mouse lights up and the fans start running, the screen turns on aswell but quickly shows a no signal detected thingy...... only way i can use my pc again is holding down the power button until shutdown.

so any sggestions on how to fix the problem?

Alot of people have experienced this problem. I used to get this problem but I refreshed my PC the other week as I wanted a fresh install of windows as my hard drive had failed on me...

There's a few solutions at this link: here

If none of those works, I'm here to help you if you need me.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

We're probably gonna need a bit more information tho. Like power saving settings. Or if it's sleep or hibernate. 

Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, i5 4690k, Noctua NH-D15, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

16GB (2x8) Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz CL9, MSI GTX780 3GB Twin Frozr, XFX ProSeries XXX Edition 850W

SteelSeries 6Gv2 Cherry MX Black, Mionix Naos, Razer Destructor, Creative GigaWorks T20 2.0 BUILD LINK

ok so when i set my pc to sleep mode it wont come back on, when i press the enter button or start button on my pc the keyboard and mouse lights up and the fans start running, the screen turns on aswell but quickly shows a no signal detected thingy...... only way i can use my pc again is holding down the power button until shutdown.

so any sggestions on how to fix the problem?

Maybe your PC just wants to sleep. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Maybe your PC just wants to sleep. :D

Is this really helpful?

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Is this really helpful?

Yes. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

"You need to go to the "Power Options" in the "Control Panel", where you get the list of "Power Plans". Click "Change plan settings" and then "Change advanced power settings". Go to "PCI Express", "LInk State Power Management" and set it to "Off". " 

Try that and switch to high performance mode .

> I have approximate knowledge of many things <

Alot of people have experienced this problem. I used to get this problem but I refreshed my PC the other week as I wanted a fresh install of windows as my hard drive had failed on me...

There's a few solutions at this link: here

If none of those works, I'm here to help you if you need me.

tried those things, nothing worked :/ monitor still wont come back on

i'm curious about this too, but then again I seldom put my desktop to sleep

when I put my netbook to sleep, it can ether restart back up in a jiffy, or it will strain until it FINALLY gives an image

"You need to go to the "Power Options" in the "Control Panel", where you get the list of "Power Plans". Click "Change plan settings" and then "Change advanced power settings". Go to "PCI Express", "Link State Power Management" and set it to "Off". " 

Try that and switch to high performance mode .

You might want to try this, If this still doesn't work, Come back again and I'll help you find another solution.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

i'm curious about this too, but then again I seldom put my desktop to sleep

when I put my netbook to sleep, it can ether restart back up in a jiffy, or it will strain until it FINALLY gives an image

I put my desktop to sleep when I leave the house, along with my other PCs.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

You might want to try this, If this still doesn't work, Come back again and I'll help you find another solution.

yes i have tried that also (first thing i did)

yes i have tried that also (first thing i did)

Ok I'll see what else I can find now.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Excuse the double post, But you might want to try this: http://www.adventcomputers.co.uk/product-support/resolve-sleep-problems

That's the way I fixed this problem before, I had it on my laptop (Up to step 3)

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Excuse the double post, But you might want to try this: http://www.adventcomputers.co.uk/product-support/resolve-sleep-problems

That's the way I fixed this problem before, I had it on my laptop (Up to step 3)

well the problem doesn't lie in the mouse or keyboard, the PC wakes up when i press either one the thing is that my monitor won't turn on after i reactivate my pc after sleep mode.....    but i tried the steps anyways with no luck

well the problem doesn't lie in the mouse or keyboard, the PC wakes up when i press either one the thing is that my monitor won't turn on after i reactivate my pc after sleep mode.....    but i tried the steps anyways with no luck

Your PC is fine then, If the fans and keyboard / mouse LED's / sensor turns on.

It's most likely a problem with your monitor. What monitor have you got?

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Your PC is fine then, If the fans and keyboard / mouse LED's / sensor turns on.

It's most likely a problem with your monitor. What monitor have you got?

it's not the monitor i had the problem on my old monitor and now i got the aoc G-sync g2460Pg monitor and the issue is still there.... :(

it's not the monitor i had the problem on my old monitor and now i got the aoc G-sync g2460Pg monitor and the issue is still there.... :(

Hmm, Has the monitor got auto sleep on it? That might be why, Have you turned the monitor off and on again or unplugged then replugged the cable?

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Hmm, Has the monitor got auto sleep on it? That might be why, Have you turned the monitor off and on again or unplugged then replugged the cable?

just tried to turn off/on the monitor AND unplugg it after setting it to sleep mode, still same result....  

NOTE: After ''waking'' up the pc from sleep the only thing that will get it to work again is to hold down the power buttun until it force shuts down, one single push on the power button and/or reset button does nothing

just tried to turn off/on the monitor AND unplugg it after setting it to sleep mode, still same result....  

NOTE: After ''waking'' up the pc from sleep the only thing that will get it to work again is to hold down the power buttun until it force shuts down, one single push on the power button and/or reset button does nothing

Like I said, Has it got an auto sleep setting - If the monitor has no input for a certain amount of time from the same source, it may need a source restart - Simplest way I could think of putting it.

I know my monitor did until I managed to turn it off.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Like I said, Has it got an auto sleep setting - If the monitor has no input for a certain amount of time from the same source, it may need a source restart - Simplest way I could think of putting it.

I know my monitor did until I managed to turn it off.

well i looked in the screen settings, and it didn't seem to have an option like that. Even if i set my pc to sleep and immediately turn it back on the screen is just black, if i turn it off/on the brand logo pops up followed by ''no signal'' just like with my previous old ass monitor ;D

well i looked in the screen settings, and it didn't seem to have an option like that. Even if i set my pc to sleep and immediately turn it back on the screen is just black, if i turn it off/on the brand logo pops up followed by ''no signal'' just like with my previous old ass monitor ;D

Well I'm seriously confused, I'd try and get a response from your motherboard & graphics card support and then your monitor manufacturer lol - I'm sorry that I'm no use now. I wish I could help you but we've done everything I can think of doing :/

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

that's indeed strange?  I put my computer to sleep all the time and so far so good (knock on wood)

and I'm also running 8.1