BSOD's

Jogi6
Go to solution Solved by Jogi6,

UPDATE:

It is confirmed it was my RAM, I borrowed another Ram stick and this one passed Memtest86, and for now I am using that 2GB RAM stick. It is like going back in time. System with 2 GB RAM, my PC is super slow.

post-9171-0-33313500-1370357717_thumb.jp

I let Memtest86 run for few hours after this picture was taken, and took my RAM in to the store for warranty claim.

post-9171-0-33313500-1370357717_thumb.jp

Hi, I have fairly new computer: 4 months old

i5 3350P

Asus P8B75-V

Kingmax FLGG45F-D8KMB 8 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 – I am was planning to by one more stick so I have 16 GB dual channel config

XFX ATi RADEON HD 4870 1 GB – only this one is old everything else is new

OCZ Fatal1ty 550W PSU

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

And two days ago I started getting BSOD’s. After inspecting Event Viewer I found some odd things which are listed below.

All in 15:36:37 source Service Control Manager

The Offline Files service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Distributed Link Tracking Client service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Network Connections service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 100 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Program Compatibility Assistant Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Superfetch service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Then in 16:59:46 BSOD

In 17:00:19 source volsnap

The shadow copies of volume C: were deleted because the shadow copy storage could not grow in time.  Consider reducing the IO load on the system or choose a shadow copy storage volume that is not being shadow copied.----WTF

And same time, source BugCheck

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041790, 0xfffffa8003ee0a10, 0x000000000000ffff, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 052813-97563-01.” - starting LOL

On 29.05.2013.

Only Service Control Manager error reports

01.14:53

The Kaspersky Anti-Virus Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

10:21:23

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

hola_net” – this one is happening for mounths since Windows instal

The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 30000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Windows Search service terminated with service-specific error %%-1073473535.

23:13:40

The ASUS HM Com Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

On 30.05.2013.

A motherload of Service Control Manager error reports, some the same as listed above, and some new as The Task Scheduler, User Profile Service, Multimedia Class Scheduler, Windows Management Instrumentation service, Windows Update service, Themes service, System Event Notification Service Service Control Manager, The Computer Browser service, The IP Helper

And one specific from DistributedCOM

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {F87B28F1-DA9A-4F35-8EC0-800EFCF26B83} as /. The error:

"5"

Happened while starting this command:

C:\Windows\System32\slui.exe -Embedding

Then the BSOD's started

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x00000000000000d0, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80002eb2474). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 053013-24913-01.“ – in EVE 3 clients

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80002fb5b05, 0xfffff8800b6a2470, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 053013-28189-01.“ – only one EVE, I was AFK

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041790, 0xfffffa8003ee09e0, 0x000000000000ffff, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 053113-48656-01.“ LOL crushed by MSWord

All BSOD's happened while a game was running or loading. I mainly play EVE and LOL and I mostly have 3-4 sometimes 5 EVE clients on at the same time (a few time even more then 5). The last one was happened while I was waiting for LOL to load. I tried to open MS Word to compose this text. As Word opened when I clicked with my mouse on white area to start writing text Word would crushed. After a few times of that, BSOD happened. And as I thing back some other program keep crushing before BSOD’s like IE, Chrome, EVE Moon, TS3 when I joined the server….

From what I know it is a RAM problem (some say on other forums Graphics card/driver problems and some other stuff). So I basically need another opinion, some suggestion what and how to test. I don’t have Another RAM stick, and that is my main problem, I don’t want to wait 7-10 days (if I claim a warranty) for some service to test it and give me a new one, because I don’t have another RAM my PC won’t work. If I could be 90% sure that RAM is bad, I would buy a new one and claim a warranty on this one, because I am planning to get one more 8 GB RAM stick in a near future.

post-9171-0-95537200-1369960732_thumb.jp

post-9171-0-96295900-1369960884_thumb.jp

Is that a custom theme your using? I know those can be really buggy on windows 7.

I'm just going to guess that it isn't the RAM itself, but I might be wrong. (Kind of a noob compared to most members here) Have you had issues with it before, or did this start recently? If there was something initially wrong with your RAM, you'd have likely noticed earlier.

Have you tested your computer for any viruses or malware, etc.? Those can cause all kinds of issues.

Do you get these issues when you dont have more than 1 game client open at a time? Most games require a decent aount of RAM and/or proccesing power to run correctly.

Sarah Jessica Parker

Is that a custom theme your using? I know those can be really buggy on windows 7.

I'm just going to guess that it isn't the RAM itself, but I might be wrong. (Kind of a noob compared to most members here) Have you had issues with it before, or did this start recently? If there was something initially wrong with your RAM, you'd have likely noticed earlier.

Have you tested your computer for any viruses or malware, etc.? Those can cause all kinds of issues.

Do you get these issues when you dont have more than 1 game client open at a time? Most games require a decent aount of RAM and/or proccesing power to run correctly.

As a theme goes, I have only picture sat as background. Computer is 4 months old and this started happening 4 days ago. No issues before. Have Kaspersky and I test my PC regularly. I I get BSOD’s when I have one client running or three of them, yesterday I had 3 running, and when I tried to start the fourth one it was crushing several times, but 3 running didn’t crush.

As a theme goes, I have only picture sat as background. Computer is 4 months old and this started happening 4 days ago. No issues before. Have Kaspersky and I test my PC regularly. I I get BSOD’s when I have one client running or three of them, yesterday I had 3 running, and when I tried to start the fourth one it was crushing several times, but 3 running didn’t crush.

When you say crush, do you mean that you're getting a Blue Screen, or that the clients are just crashing and shutting down?

Sarah Jessica Parker

When you say crush, do you mean that you're getting a Blue Screen, or that the clients are just crashing and shutting down?

4th client just crashing/shutting down. Fitrst 3 where ok. and after n number of crushes it started to work. First time that happened, I've played EVE for 2 years now. one hour later BSOD

Please upload the dump files.

I can't instal Debugging Tools for Windows, tried web instal and ISO download. keeps crashing. I'm going to sleep now it si four in the morning in Europe.

4th client just crashing/shutting down. Fitrst 3 where ok. and after n number of crushes it started to work. First time that happened, I've played EVE for 2 years now. one hour later BSOD

So sometimes you can run many, and other times you can't even run one?

I'm not as good as many other users when it comes to hardware, so if it's that, I don't know.

As for software, have you downloaded anything recently? You may have recieved a virus of some sort somehow that clogs up your CPU/RAM usage randomly, which could explain the crashes. You should probably wait for somebody else's opinion.

I, personally, would just reformat and see if it fixes the issue. You can just back up all of your game data, etc. somehow. (Or is it all online?)

Sarah Jessica Parker

I can't instal Debugging Tools for Windows, tried web instal and ISO download. keeps crashing. I'm going to sleep now it si four in the morning in Europe.

No need to install it.

Navigate to C:\windows\minidump  , zip & upload.

No need to install it.

Navigate to C:\windows\minidump  , zip & upload.

Uploaded to SkyDrive

http://sdrv.ms/11fKbX5

Can u pls send me open versions

Today I changed my RAM stick from Channel A, Slot 1 to Channel B Slot 1. 45 minutes later BSOD. No game was running

So sometimes you can run many, and other times you can't even run one?

I'm not as good as many other users when it comes to hardware, so if it's that, I don't know.

As for software, have you downloaded anything recently? You may have recieved a virus of some sort somehow that clogs up your CPU/RAM usage randomly, which could explain the crashes. You should probably wait for somebody else's opinion.

I, personally, would just reformat and see if it fixes the issue. You can just back up all of your game data, etc. somehow. (Or is it all online?)

It started 4 days ago, no new programs in months. No drivers update. No software downloads or installs. It just started. Nothing is new to computer.

Have you overclocked? It sounds like the system might be quite unstable, which would result from a bad OC. If you have, reduce the OC, and even if you haven't, try increasing the CPU voltage.

HTTP/2 203

I opened bump files using BlueScreenView, and I am 90% sure it is a RAM Problem. All reports say it is caused my ntoskrnl.exe driver. ntoskrnl.exe is “on systems with Physical Address Extension support” … “and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management”, so RAM or HDD

And no OC-ing

RAM test useing Memtest

post-9171-0-84082100-1369998614_thumb.jp

post-9171-0-89772600-1369998633_thumb.jp

99% sure it is bad RAM

post-9171-0-89187000-1370021407_thumb.jp

post-9171-0-94491300-1370021500_thumb.jp

post-9171-0-94562800-1370021457_thumb.jp

Try running Memtest with BIOS set to it's defaults.

It started 4 days ago, no new programs in months. No drivers update. No software downloads or installs. It just started. Nothing is new to computer.

As I said, could be a virus or something similar. Run a virus scan if you haven't already.

Sarah Jessica Parker

Try running Memtest with BIOS set to it's defaults.

Yeah, I did that, same results

As I said, could be a virus or something similar. Run a virus scan if you haven't already.

How is the presence of a virus affect bad memory detection?

Yeah, I did that, same results

Now it's a matter of getting new RAM :(

How is the presence of a virus affect bad memory detection?

I've had viruses before that just use up your CPU/RAM's power. At least if he runs a scan we'll know if it is or not for sure.

Sarah Jessica Parker

I've had viruses before that just use up your CPU/RAM's power. At least if he runs a scan we'll know if it is or not for sure.

Yes but he's getting error detections on MEMtest, no x86 involved.

Yes but he's getting error detections on MEMtest, no x86 involved.

I think, he is trolling

I think, he is trolling

Trolling?! on LTT :o

(I hope he is with this one :ph34r:  )