Help! R9 295x2 2 or gtx titan black 2

So here it goes.... what would be better to get? two r9 295x 2 or 2 titan blacks???

2 r9 295x 2 will mean i will have 4 way crossfire.

and 2 titan black is dual sli.

what is better?

heat and power and size isnt a problem for me at all..

this will be built in a 900d with a Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz on a ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME

***** most likly to watercool the system... not 100% sure yet

R9 295 X2

metro-4k1.png

bf4-4k.png

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

2 295s. I'd buy a Corsair AX1500i to power that. Enjoy raping every game made for the next 7 years!

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

2 295s. I'd buy a Corsair AX1500i to power that. Enjoy raping every game made for the next 7 years!

R9 295 X2

metro-4k1.png

bf4-4k.png

Why do you even need to ask that question? 2 295x2s is four GPUs it will be SO much better. But you are going to need at a minimum of a 1200W PSU for them.

Actually it would be better if you get three R9 290Xs, but it's going to need some good heat dissipation.

but how about the scaling, and video game compatabilty since its 4 gpus?

It'll still be faster than 2 titan blacks. Crossfire profiles are pretty good these days. If you're dropping $2k on GPU's, there is no reason to buy anything but a pair of 295s

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

No it wouldn't 2 295x2 is four 290xs

On a synthetic benchmark sure, on a real world scenario 4 GPU configurations are barely supported, and on the majority of games that have support going with 4 GPUs actually performs worst than with 3. Scaling sucks after the second GPUs. I can link you a butt-ton of benchmarks if you want :)

If you can succesfully cool all three GPUs, the clocks achieved are even better than the ones on the dual GPU card. OP said he was contemplating watercooling the whole system, on that case scenario you can unleash the R9 290Xs and have quite a difference with R9 295x2.

Scaling with 4 GPUs suck, that's why I suggested 3 R9 290Xs