Graphics cards causing boot loop, Help!

Hi.

First post on the forums so bare with me.

I recently bought myself some new hardware to install, including a new Corsair H100i, some new Vengeance RAM and a new Asus 660Ti to run in SLI with my already installed Asus 600Ti.

Before I tried running in SLI, I downloaded the latest stable drivers from Asus, but when it was about to install it, my machine rebooted without installing the drivers.

I went ahead and installed the second card and all of a sudden I entered into a "boot loop" every time I try to boot. The machine gets to the Asus TUF splashscreen, then the HDMI signal dies, the machine then continues to reboot and try to boot over and over.

I removed the newer probably dead card, and tried rebooting with the old one. It now boots, but without any signal on the screen and with the red "Device LED" turned on red.

Can you guys help me? I will be RMA'ing the second card I think, unless you guys can help me figure out what to do to fix this issue.

All my hardware is in my signature.

Thanks for any input.

|  Case: Corsair 600T  |  Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77  |  CPU: Intel i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz, Cooled By Corsair H100i  |  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blue  |  GPU: SLI 2x Asus GTX 660Ti  |  PSU: Corsair AX860  |  

|  Boot Drive: 120Gb Crucial M4  |  Storage: 3TB Seagate 7200RPM, 2TB WD Green  | 

| Monitor: Asus 23.6" |  Keyboard: Logitech G110  |  Mouse: Razer Naga Epic  |  Headset: Razer Megalodon  |

ok, take out the extra ram, they may not be working well together. try that and tell me what You find.

I gave that a go.

I thought I was getting somewhere, I saw the Windows 8 logo, but then my HDMI signal went. Cant see anything on my monitor, and there's no signal coming from the motherboard HDMI port either with the card installed.

The Red Device LED is still showing with the one card installed, my boot is still cycling with the 2 cards installed.

|  Case: Corsair 600T  |  Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77  |  CPU: Intel i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz, Cooled By Corsair H100i  |  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blue  |  GPU: SLI 2x Asus GTX 660Ti  |  PSU: Corsair AX860  |  

|  Boot Drive: 120Gb Crucial M4  |  Storage: 3TB Seagate 7200RPM, 2TB WD Green  | 

| Monitor: Asus 23.6" |  Keyboard: Logitech G110  |  Mouse: Razer Naga Epic  |  Headset: Razer Megalodon  |

i would  reseat the card  again and make sure cables are in good.

for sure taking out the new memory.

so system is back to your old set up.that you know worked.

and did you try booting into safe mode or into the bios

Do you have integrated graphics? If so, remove all the graphics cards and see whether it still boots on integrated. If it doesn't you have a more major problem, and if it boots, install the drivers (before you fit the cards) and see whether that changes anything. When it was power cycling, was it passing post?

HTTP/2 203

Just thought, what wattage is your power supply? It sounds like it's not powerful enough, so the system is rebooting.

HTTP/2 203

Integrated graphics on my 3770K work fine. As for resetting the graphics cards, I've had them in and out that much that I can rule a loose connection with the PCI-e slot.
My corsair power supply is an 860W, surely this would be enough power.
The boot cycling happens with only one card.

With the one card installed, the machine posts, but my HDMI signal is lost just after the windows splash screen, I don't get to the log in screen.
With two cards, the machine doesn't post.

Edit: I have been chatting with a tech buddie of mine at work, he reckons that maybe the new GPU has maybe shorted the PSU in such a way that it can't supply either card with enough power. Maybe fried some of the internal circuitry? Thoughts guys?

It's a Corsair PSU, I've heard nothing but good things about their RMA service if comes to that.

Also, speaking of RMA, the Sabertooth motherboard is brand new as I had it RMA'd due to me believing that it was at fault for this problem.

Seriously the worst forum I've ever joined. You guys suck.

well insulting people is gonna really help...

first off your description isnt great. you havent told us if its beeping or what the motherboard leds are telling you.

another thing a lot of 660ti's are showing voltage problems some are locking up when they switch from 3d to 2d apps while others just wont boot.

so try them 1 at a time. if they both fail but fail at different points of the boot cycle its likely you have 2 dead cards.... its not unheard of because they will often get shipped together and if it was dropped it means they probably both were.

lastly remove all the ram and just use 1 stick in the a2 socket. if it boots it should turn off the red led.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

So it took an "insult" to get any further help than what I've already done or know already.

Whatever man, I'm outta here.

bye bye then. dont let the door slam.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

GTF