Apple watch

Syntaxvgm

What did you think? Do you like it? Will it be successful? 

Personally I think smart watches are terrible. Google thought the next evolution of the smart phone was to strap it to your face, but apparently the world wasn't ready for that so now we are strapping them to our wrist instead. 

I was not impressed by the apple watch. I...just think apple has lost that "wow" factor. It looks like every other smart watch already out there. It's not curved, and looks uncomfortable to wear like other thick smart watches. Friend of mine owns an Omate truesmart, and that piece of crap is almost more appealing to me than the apple watch for some reason. 

I just don't see it catching on.

So what if it does have some success? I GUARANTEE apple/apple fans/tech news sites will act like apple invented the smart watch. Like the tablet. 

Oh, and please no flaming....please...it's an apple thread but be mature....

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It seems like a nice product, but tim cook made it seem like it had terrible battery life(charging every night), which is a nightmare, I already have a million things to charge.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It seems like a nice product, but tim cook made it seem like it had terrible battery life(charging every night), which is a nightmare, I already have a million things to charge.

the thing that caught my eye was him talking about how accurate it was. Really? It's a watch. Duh

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I agree about the uncomfortable part. But apples software wowed me this time. I hope it's a lightweight design because that's the only thing that really makes a smart watch comfortable, that and the fact if it's contoured to your hand or not.

They should have caught on to samsungs note edge tech and curve the screen to make a wrist. Also they could have been more inovative with the straps.... Only the one with magnets imbedded inside caught my attention.

I quite like it. It looks nice, is built out of more premium materials than any of the current smartwatches and it is innovative for what it is, suprising for Apple as of late. They did things that none of the companies making Android Wear watches did, and I respect that.

But, threads like this (ones pertaining to Apple products) end in gigantic flame wars started by ignorant assholes who value opinion as fact.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

the thing that caught my eye was him talking about how accurate it was. Really? It's a watch. Duh

Well, maybe it is. My G-Shock watch, worth 150 dollars, is sometimes off.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I agree about the uncomfortable part. But apples software wowed me this time. I hope it's a lightweight design because that's the only thing that really makes a smart watch comfortable, that and the fact if it's contoured to your hand or not.

They should have caught on to samsungs note edge tech and curve the screen to make a wrist. Also they could have been more inovative with the straps.... Only the one with magnets imbedded inside caught my attention.

I did like the knob to navigate thing. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I didn't see it all, the livestream was biatch to watch. I don't need a watch to be that accurate, it's not like it's a GPS satellite which need atomic clocks.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Two of the straps have magnets, the leather strap and the other metal strap. The traditional watch strap is as is and the traditional metal watch strap is well, traditional. And they are interchangable, so they at least give you choice.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That knob is uber cool.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I liked the knob too....

I didn't see it all, the livestream was biatch to watch. I don't need a watch to be that accurate, it's not like it's a GPS satellite which need atomic clocks.

He was like it'll be within 50 milliseconds of a time server. Really? Like my computer? I hope so. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I liked the knob too....

See, Apple is slowly starting to transition back into quality for price, not just overpriced crap.

Yea that part was nice but I wish they could have removed the power button thing and used the home button to turn off the device too, it ruins the aesthetics of it with two buttons on both sides.

See, Apple is slowly starting to transition back into quality for price, not just overpriced crap.

lol idk about that, well see. 

BUT 

I do miss the physical buttons/knobs on devices. It was actually the thing that made me first buy an ipod. It just works, and you don't have to look at it. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Not sure what you mean by 'make a wrist,' but the glass is curved around the edges, so it's a rounded display, to a point.

looks like it was made for the 3GS

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

wow. 
Did the mods REALLY have to move the thread from general to mobile devices? 

Well /thread. 

muh specs 

All parts black

lol idk about that, well see. 

BUT 

I do miss the physical buttons/knobs on devices. It was actually the thing that made me first buy an ipod. It just works, and you don't have to look at it. 

Yeah, apple should reengineer their products to include a back button. It would be cool, but probably not because of lawsuits, probably that Android thinks Apple is copying their trademark.

Not sure what you mean by 'make a wrist,' but the glass is curved around the edges, so it's a rounded display, to a point.

Its a square screen, but it's supposed to match the contour of your wrist.

Yeah, apple should reengineer their products to include a back button. It would be cool, but probably not because of lawsuits, probably that Android thinks Apple is copying their trademark.

Its a square screen, but it's supposed to match the contour of your wrist.

Apple sues for basic shapes. If they are gonna get it suit, it's commin, for any reason don't doubt the power of lawyers. No reason to not have a back button. It's basic functionality. 

But they never implemented a maximize button in mac osx sooo...

muh specs 

All parts black

Apple sues for basic shapes. If they are gonna get it suit, it's commin, for any reason don't doubt the power of lawyers. No reason to not have a back button. It's basic functionality. 

Yeah they did, it's the green one...

Yeah they did, it's the green one...

Not near the same function. 

That button swaps between the user state and the default one. It can be modded to be a maximize button. a lot of people do that. 

muh specs 

All parts black

OK, then. But OS X does have maximize. It's the green button.

OK, then. But OS X does have maximize. It's the green button.

Not near the same function. 

That button swaps between the user state and the default one. It can be modded to be a maximize button. a lot of people do that. 

My god has no one ever used osx? 

THE GREEN BUTTON IS NOT MAXIMIZE! 

muh specs 

All parts black

My god has no one ever used osx? 

THE GREEN BUTTON IS NOT MAXIMIZE! 

Yes it is. It works for me.