Recommendation needed for a headphone to replace Beyerdynamic COP

StormEye

I am currently using a Beyerdynamic COP as a daily on the road headphone with a beats cable with remote.

Everything is fine about this setup except one part.

Because the way the cable attachment is designed for COP, unless its original cable, air intake will be slightly unbalanced and will produce unbalanced sound in left and right cups (not drastic difference but can be noticeable).

Anyway, due to this reason, I am thinking of retiring this as a dedicated headset for my PC and get a new daily on the road outdoor headphone.

So my preferences for new headphone will be

1. Remote with mic (ios compatible, but whats not ios compatible these days anyway). This is the most important one, as if I just wanted to use standard cable, I would continue to use COP anyway.

2. Comfort. I have slightly larger ear than average. Also prefer around ear, but I will try on ear if its comfortable enough.

3. Price is not much of a concern, but something under $400 to start with.

4. Definitive size adjustment (not so important). What I mean is, for example, Sennheiser Momentum can be adjusted but it does not have any notches or indicators to show how much I have adjusted it.

I think that should be enough info, but if you need anything more I need to elaborate, let me know.

Thanks

I am currently using a Beyerdynamic COP as a daily on the road headphone with a beats cable with remote.

Everything is fine about this setup except one part.

Because the way the cable attachment is designed for COP, unless its original cable, air intake will be slightly unbalanced and will produce unbalanced sound in left and right cups (not drastic difference but can be noticeable).

Anyway, due to this reason, I am thinking of retiring this as a dedicated headset for my PC and get a new daily on the road outdoor headphone.

So my preferences for new headphone will be

1. Remote with mic (ios compatible, but whats not ios compatible these days anyway). This is the most important one, as if I just wanted to use standard cable, I would continue to use COP anyway.

2. Comfort. I have slightly larger ear than average. Also prefer around ear, but I will try on ear if its comfortable enough.

3. Price is not much of a concern, but something under $400 to start with.

4. Definitive size adjustment (not so important). What I mean is, for example, Sennheiser Momentum can be adjusted but it does not have any notches or indicators to show how much I have adjusted it.

I think that should be enough info, but if you need anything more I need to elaborate, let me know.

Thanks

Air intake...??  :blink:

I've never hit the road using headphones, as I prefer the discrete factor of IEMs. But if I'd have to pick one, I'd go with Sony MDR-1R. Stylish, closed back, good sounds....

Air intake...??  :blink:

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/SlideTS/Forum%20upload/900x900px-LL-05b9a5df_IMG_0676.jpeg~original

The hole where cable is connected is rather large and if you use anything other than an original cable, it does not seal well.

Meaning left cup will have sound from background seep in more and will have more air to work with than right cup.

Sony MDR-1R. Stylish, closed back, good sounds....

I will look in to that.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/SlideTS/Forum%20upload/900x900px-LL-05b9a5df_IMG_0676.jpeg~original

The hole where cable is connected is rather large and if you use anything other than an original cable, it does not seal well.

Meaning left cup will have sound from background seep in more and will have more air to work with than right cup.

I will look in to that.

If it were me, I'd go with some DIY approach, for example using electrical tapes to wrap around the plug, so it'd be larger in diameter, or something like that.

If it were me, I'd go with some DIY approach, for example using electrical tapes to wrap around the plug, so it'd be larger in diameter, or something like that.

Guess I can do that for now, but I am not sure hoe much of an annoyance that notch in the hole will present itself.

Anyway, I would still like to hear some more suggestion if any of you have anything to input.

Guess I can do that for now, but I am not sure hoe much of an annoyance that notch in the hole will present itself.

Anyway, I would still like to hear some more suggestion if any of you have anything to input.

ATH M40x would probably sound reasonably similar. Might be a step back on comfort, though.

NAD Viso HP50 and PSB M4U 1 are good $300 options. Personally found the HP50 to be more comfortable, but it might be a toss up. Not going to recommend a V-Moda as the cups are much smaller.

NAD Viso HP50 and PSB M4U 1 are good $300 options. Personally found the HP50 to be more comfortable, but it might be a toss up. Not going to recommend a V-Moda as the cups are much smaller.

Will look into those too. Thanks.