CPU Bottleneck?

Well my rig has a Phenom x4 @ 4ghz 965 C3 and currently I believe to suspect bottle necking with my GPU, i have a 7950 overclocked and when i'm playing games such as battlefield 4 or 3 on 64 man games I seem to have frame drops compared to 32. I also can not stream with this CPU at all i've tried streaming Bioshock infinite a while back and my frames in game were 90s and my stream was only getting approximately 15. IF i were to upgrade to an FX 8350 will I receive a better performance increase?

Case: NZXT Tempest 410 Elite =Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 =CPU: Phenom II 965 x4 @ 4ghz(OC) =Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO =Memory: G.Skill RipjawX 8Gbs CL8 @1600mhz =PSU: Corsair CX-600w =GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950*windforce 3Gb* =Sound: Creative SB0770 =HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB =Keyboard: Razer Black Widow *Standard* =Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 =MousePad: Razer Sphex

More than likely, but i cant promise anything.

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

Well my rig has a Phenom x4 @ 4ghz 965 C3 and currently I believe to suspect bottle necking with my GPU, i have a 7950 overclocked and when i'm playing games such as battlefield 4 or 3 on 64 man games I seem to have frame drops compared to 32. I also can not stream with this CPU at all i've tried streaming Bioshock infinite a while back and my frames in game were 90s and my stream was only getting approximately 15. IF i were to upgrade to an FX 8350 will I receive a better performance increase?

I have a feeling that yes, you're probably experiencing a bottleneck, and I'm pretty sure it'd be a pretty decent boost in performance if you upgrade to an 8350.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Well currently that will be the only one I am saving money for since it is my AMD build.. Next year I am building a Nvidea/Intel Build.

Case: NZXT Tempest 410 Elite =Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 =CPU: Phenom II 965 x4 @ 4ghz(OC) =Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO =Memory: G.Skill RipjawX 8Gbs CL8 @1600mhz =PSU: Corsair CX-600w =GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950*windforce 3Gb* =Sound: Creative SB0770 =HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB =Keyboard: Razer Black Widow *Standard* =Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 =MousePad: Razer Sphex

Easy way to find out, check your CPU usage. If it's topping out, your CPU is the bottleneck.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

yes you have a bottleneck, but i would go for the 8320 and OC the rest since you have a CM212e

Thanks for the feedback!

It does sound like you have a bottleneck. If your mobo supports the new FX chips getting an 8350 and overclocking it could save you a bit of money. In my opinion I'd get the 8350 overclock it. Spending extra cash for a new Intel build doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Download MSI afterburner, go to the options and setup the OSD to show the FPS, CPU and GPU useage.

Try to start stop streaming and see what ramps up.

I'm able to do a low quality stream on an athlon x3 450 but it's not as smooth as I like

Hello.

I have a question. I want to upgrade my GPU MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB OC to AMD R9 280x but i think my CPU will then be a bottleneck. My CPU is AMD Phenom II X6 1055T. Should i buy new gpu and overclock my cpu or should i first buy a new CPU AMD FX 8350 (i don't have money for both at the moment).