What is better keyboard?

LinusLover

Hello Guys,

I'm getting a new keyboard so i was wondering what keyboard you guys think is better Alienware TactX or the Razer Blackwidow?

- Alienware TactX Keyboard: http://cutt.us/D8DP

- Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard: http://cutt.us/sZt3

I would never ever buy anything from alienware. It's likely to break in 5 seconds and the lighting is a gimmick. You should get the BW Ultimate. Has mechanical keyswitches and will work for longer than a week

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Blackwidow by far because it is a mechanical keyboard, while the Alienware is a membrane keyboard.

Both of those keyboards are pitiful. for note; I have had 3 Razer products which have all died within 2 months.

I have friends with countless reliability problems with Razer. Gimicky rubbish these days

Are you looking for a membrane or mechanical keyboard?

If you are looking at mechanical I heavily suggest the Ducky Shine 2, cherry MX Blue switch just like the Razer keyboard but built with top notch quality

It is cheaper than the Razer too

If it's anything like other alienware products, it will be decent but nowhere near worth the money you would pay. The Razer on the other hand is a cherry MX Blue keyboard and relatively inexpensive for what it is, I would go with that one.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

just dont bother with alienware, its like the mac of pc gaming, get the blackwidow ultimate

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

We're going back old school! :ph34r: :blink: :ph34r:

IBM_Keyboard_White_89P8440_2.jpg

the razer one but for that price you should get a ducky shine II

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Among the 2, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate since it uses mechanical switches.

Among mechanical keyboards? Ducky Shine 2 or the Corsair K70/K95, definitely not the Blackwidow Ultimate

I would go with the Blackwidow because I am pretty sure that the Blackwidow will be better built than Alienware keyboards.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

If you have the money buy a ducky shine 2.

People talking crap about razer:

Just because Razer have made lots of bad products in the past doesn't meen that all their products are bad. The Blackwiddow 2013 is a good keyboard, and i have never herd anyone complain about it. Its cheap, beutifull, well built and has macro keys. I would not  buy the 2012 version because of the horrible glossy finnish though. I woudn't buy the backlight version either because there is better keyboards in that price range.

I have had three razer products, a Naga, a Blackwiddow 2013 and a Lycosa. The Lycosa was crap, but i love my blackwiddow and my naga.

Just because Razer have made lots of bad products in the past doesn't meen that all their products are bad. The Blackwiddow 2013 is a good keyboard, and i have never herd anyone complain about it. Its cheap, beutifull, well built and has macro keys. I would not  buy the 2012 version because of the horrible glossy finnish though. I woudn't buy the backlight version either because there is better keyboards in that price range.

I have had three razer products, a Naga, a Blackwiddow 2013 and a Lycosa. The Lycosa was crap, but i love my blackwiddow and my naga.

Too bad the TS was talking about the Blackwidow Ultimate, not the Blackwidow.

Too bad the TS was talking about the Blackwidow Ultimate, not the Blackwidow.

They are ALL called the Blackwiddow Ultimate, do your reserach bro. There is the Blackwiddow Ultimate 2013 Expert whitout the backlight, and the Blackwiddow Ultimate 2013 Elite, with backlight. I belive the 2012 versions where also called the Blackwiddow Ultimate.

Edit: Nevermind; im wrong. The Ultimate is the version with the backlight. But that doesn't meen i cant recommend him the version without the backlight.

They are ALL called the Blackwiddow Ultimate, do your reserach bro. There is the Blackwiddow Ultimate 2013 Expert whitout the backlight, and the Blackwiddow Ultimate 2013 Elite, with backlight. I belive the 2012 versions where also called the Blackwiddow Ultimate.

Edit: Nevermind; im wrong. The Ultimate is the version with the backlight. But that doesn't meen i cant recommend him the version without the backlight.

The TS is going for a keyboard with bling bling, i think it's clear to see from the two keyboard choices he made. For the price of a Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 he'd fare far better with the Ducky Shine 2/Corsair K70|95 with their superior (Unarguable) build quality, while not sacrificing the features he would want which in this case one of which is clearly backlighting.

What do you guys think bout the G510? Good enough?

It's not a good keyboard and it's absolutely not well built, it's on of the worst mech keyboards on the market. It's a cheap plastic cover with abs-keycaps and no backplate. Get a cm-storm instead and if you want backlight buy a ducky. 

What do you guys think bout the G510? Good enough?

This is not a mechanical keyboard but it is pretty good for a gaming keyboard with its display and macro keys.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The BlackWidow as it's mechanical of course! However, don't jump the gun. Tell us your budget and I'm sure we can help you out.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?