RAM Usage

Ryan.L

So when i check my ram usage sometimes it says its at 94% and i have 8Gb. When i look through whats using my ram it doesn't add up any ware close to 8Gb anyone know what the problem is?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

btw my ram isn't xms 3 anymore its ripjaws.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

<3

The answer to most of anyones problems.

And google.

a solid preliminary action IMO

You have Windows 8(.1), don't you?

yeah lol

yeah lol

Windows does that in the Task Manager. Ignore it.

It once told me I was using 600 GB.

So when i check my ram usage sometimes it says its at 94% and i have 8Gb. When i look through whats using my ram it doesn't add up any ware close to 8Gb anyone know what the problem is?

I have the same problem. it gets up to 97% on idle after some hours and at that point apps crash, so I have to restart the PC. I made a post a couple of days ago, no solution found yet.

what are you doing when this happens

It's usually at idle, or just about anything else.

Tried it. Doesn't do/find anything. And it's crap, just like any anti-virus/malware (I believe you don't need one, if you know what you're doing on the internet).

It's not the task manager, apps crash when the ram is full.

Here's a link to my post:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/209654-ram-usage-issue-75gb-of-ram-in-use-when-sum-of-processes-is-25gb/

What you have/had is not always related to what the OP has. In the Task Manager on Windows 8 and 8.1 it will say you're using more memory than is true. It's a given fact.

Could be Hardware Reserved memory 

can i disable this or something?

Did you download the RAM? ;)

Did you download the RAM? ;)

hahah what do you mean?

firstly are you on an x64based os? idk about win8 but with win7 x32 was limited to 4gbs and puts all other ram into hardware reserve. and secondly is your os reserving the ram? even on x64 based systems ram can be hardware reserved. i had this issue once, i updated bios and it was all fixed

firstly are you on an x64based os? idk about win8 but with win7 x32 was limited to 4gbs and puts all other ram into hardware reserve. and secondly is your os reserving the ram? even on x64 based systems ram can be hardware reserved. i had this issue once, i updated bios and it was all fixed

x64 and i just updated my bios il check if there is a new one right now.

so there is no newer bios at the moment my motherboard is quite new the gigabyte gaming GT. so il keep looking.