A quick Thanks to Linus and Friends.

Unclescar

I just got back from an interview for a tech related job. Part of this interview consisted of a computer knowledge test.

Thanks to Linus and his team, and NCIX as well (along with a few other tech youtube channels) I completely demolished this test with ease, and If I had taken that test before I discovered NCIX and LinusTechTips, I would have cried with my head between my knees at some of the questions.

I'm naturally inquisitive. Knowing that something works isn't good enough for me, I want to know why and how. What is the reasoning? This spiked my interest in knowing more about computers and related technologies outside of knowing I wanted a BA computer back when I first built my own PC with the limited knowledge I had at the time. Now I still have a lot of more fine details to learn, but that comes with time and stuff.

Anyway, Thanks Linus and Friends for helping me further my Nerducation, which as of earlier today has helped me in a real world situation outside of my own hobby and entertainment.

Congrats!

Thats awesome!

Congratulations, and good luck for the future!

And as @Bloodyvalley said, what kind of questions were there?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

They were mostly multiple choice, many of which were trick questions containing partially correct answers.

One of which was about CUDA technology, who uses it and what is it all about. A few months ago, I had never even heard of it.

Another was about custom watercooling and the parts needed to create a minimal setup. A few months ago I had never even seen a watercooled rig, let alone knew what parts were needed for a basic one.

There were a few about different operating systems and the devices that use them as well.

One that I am fairly certain I did NOT get correct however was about types of lights you can use to add effect to the interior of a custom PC. Some of which I knew for sure since I had seen Linus use them in his build videos, but everything was abbreviated.. and I had no idea what the majority of abreviations meant.. :/